Dubai sources stated that three Indians were among 11 people killed by cyclone Mekunu that has battered southern Oman and the Yemeni island of Socotra. Meanwhile the authorities and reports have said that the cyclone Mekunu hit Oman's Dhofar and Al-Wusta provinces on Friday after intensifying from a category one to a category two cyclone, with winds of up to 170 kilometres per hour after it made landfall on Socotra on Thursday.
The Indian Embassy in Muscat tweeted that "Indian Embassy Team in Salalah has confirmed that as per Royal Oman Police, mortal remains of one (Shamsher Ali) of two missing Indian have been found and the search for the other (Madhu) is underway. There is no report of casualty among other expatriates". Meanwhile the embassy officials visited a camp at Taqah in Salalah and arranged food for 460 people (145 Indians and 315 Bangladeshi nationals).
As per report "Indian Embassy is taking care
of 50 Indian dhow crew". Furthermore Salalah port authorities that four
Indian registered dhows have sunk alongside the port. All Indian crew are safe,
and the death toll from the cyclone has reached 11. Moreover according to AFP,
Socotra's governor Ramzy Mahrous said that the death toll on the island
remained seven five Yemenis and two Indian sailors.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day