Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan will hold general elections on July 25, a presidential spokesman has said even as the deadlock between ruling PML-N and the opposition persisted over picking up an interim prime minister. Meanwhile the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) in a letter to the president on May 21 had proposed to hold elections for the National Assembly and four provincial assemblies between July 25 and 27.
As per report President Hussain on Saturday approved July 25 as the polling date for general and provincial elections. The officials in the President Office said cricketer turned politician Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf is expected to be the main challenger to the ruling party in the general elections. Accordingly the present government will complete the tenure on May 31 and the caretaker government will take over from June 1 and remain in office until a new government is set up through elections.
Moreover the country experienced its first
democratic transition of power in 2013, when the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz
(PML-N) came out on top as the biggest party. Media report added since the term
of the assemblies would be expiring next week, a caretaker set-up will be
installed at the Centre and the provinces to run day-to-day affairs of the
government till the time new assemblies are elected.
Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name According to sources it was stated that Hong Kong based Cathay Pacific painted its name as "Cathay Paciic" on the side of the jet. Meanwhile the eagle eyed travelers spotted the mistake at Hong Kong International Airport and contacted the airline.
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia