Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan will hold general elections on July 25, a presidential spokesman has said even as the deadlock between ruling PML-N and the opposition persisted over picking up an interim prime minister. Meanwhile the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) in a letter to the president on May 21 had proposed to hold elections for the National Assembly and four provincial assemblies between July 25 and 27.
As per report President Hussain on Saturday approved July 25 as the polling date for general and provincial elections. The officials in the President Office said cricketer turned politician Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf is expected to be the main challenger to the ruling party in the general elections. Accordingly the present government will complete the tenure on May 31 and the caretaker government will take over from June 1 and remain in office until a new government is set up through elections.
Moreover the country experienced its first
democratic transition of power in 2013, when the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz
(PML-N) came out on top as the biggest party. Media report added since the term
of the assemblies would be expiring next week, a caretaker set-up will be
installed at the Centre and the provinces to run day-to-day affairs of the
government till the time new assemblies are elected.
How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan? Chennai sources stated that in an interesting turn of events, a Chennai resident received a Swiggy order all the way from Rajasthan. Meanwhile the Chennai based customer had given an order on Sunday and when he checked the app to track his order, he found out that the delivery executive is coming all the way from Rajasthan.
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again