According to sources the remarks came days after TDP chief and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu shared dais with Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and the leaders of several regional parties at the swearing-in of HD Kumaraswamy as the CM of the Congress-JD(S) alliance in Karnataka. Earlier AP has been seeking special category status from the Centra on the grounds that it is at a disadvantage, especially after the loss of capital Hyderabad to Telangana.
Previously in March, the TDP withdrew from the NDA government over the Centre's refusal to grant special status to the state. Meanwhile when asked why the TDP did not pull out of the NDA government for four years, he said "We did not withdraw the support earlier because we were dependent on the Centre and moreover the state would have suffered a lot had we done that. We waited for four years for the central government to make good on its promises to Andhra Pradesh."
Furthermore when asked if Naidu could be projected
as the prime ministerial candidate of the "third front", which a few
regional parties have been mooting for some time as an alternative to the
Congress and the BJP, the minister said "Chandrababu Naidu will be
Can Rahul Gandhi become PM in 2019 Polls? Accordingly this is very interesting question. In my view Rahul Gandhi himself is not serious about his political career. Meanwhile it was his lucky destiny that he burned in the family of Gandhi who ruled in India for more than 60 years. For example he spent his vacation of New Year in Europe and he already knew that the elections in 5 states are very near.
- Who will Become CM of AP? Jagan or Chandrababu Naidu or Lokesh
- Zomato introduces 100% Safely Sealed Badge across 10 Cities
- Astrology says YS Jagan will win Opposition in LS Polls 2019
- Is Nagarjuna ready to host Bigg Boss Telugu season 3?
- SV Mohan Back in YSRCP
- Is it a Cake Walk for Bonda Uma
- Tough Fight in Visakhapatnam
- Ali Trying To Get Janasena Ticket?
- Arrests in YS Family Just Before Elections?
- Vamsi stunned everyone with Nomination!
- KCR aware of tempo at Centre after Election announced: KTR
- TDP Changes Candidate After Candidate Reluctant to Contest
- Will Telugu mega heroes do something for Pawans Jansena?
- All eyes on Bheemili Parliament Constituency
- Surprising Decisions from Jagan Mohan Reddy