Washington sources reported that the controversy surrounding the $50 million donation from not for profit Tata Trusts to the Harvard Business School in 2010 has now reached the American shores with a leading Conservative website questioning the globally prestigious institution for accepting “questionable funds” that should otherwise have been “used for the welfare of the poor.”
Meanwhile that was against “every tenet of good (corporate) governance”, Alex Beard, director of a Washington based global financial advisory firm and a former professor from Georgetown University, said in a signed article. Accordingly Beard also questioned Harvard’s moral obligation, asking if it would return the funds “or rectify it in some other way”.
Moreover the 2010 donation agreement the largest from an international
donor in the 102-year history of the Harvard between HBS Dean Nitin Nohria and
business magnate Ratan Tata that resulted in the subsequent construction of
Tata Hall in 2013 is under a parliamentary scrutiny in India. Further a sub-panel
of the Public Accounts Committee was looking into the $50 million donation and
other such gift pacts, suspecting the money may have been donated in violation
of tax rules, according to a member of the panel.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?