Washington sources reported that the controversy surrounding the $50 million donation from not for profit Tata Trusts to the Harvard Business School in 2010 has now reached the American shores with a leading Conservative website questioning the globally prestigious institution for accepting “questionable funds” that should otherwise have been “used for the welfare of the poor.”
Meanwhile that was against “every tenet of good (corporate) governance”, Alex Beard, director of a Washington based global financial advisory firm and a former professor from Georgetown University, said in a signed article. Accordingly Beard also questioned Harvard’s moral obligation, asking if it would return the funds “or rectify it in some other way”.
Moreover the 2010 donation agreement the largest from an international
donor in the 102-year history of the Harvard between HBS Dean Nitin Nohria and
business magnate Ratan Tata that resulted in the subsequent construction of
Tata Hall in 2013 is under a parliamentary scrutiny in India. Further a sub-panel
of the Public Accounts Committee was looking into the $50 million donation and
other such gift pacts, suspecting the money may have been donated in violation
of tax rules, according to a member of the panel.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal