Washington sources reported that the controversy surrounding the $50 million donation from not for profit Tata Trusts to the Harvard Business School in 2010 has now reached the American shores with a leading Conservative website questioning the globally prestigious institution for accepting “questionable funds” that should otherwise have been “used for the welfare of the poor.”
Meanwhile that was against “every tenet of good (corporate) governance”, Alex Beard, director of a Washington based global financial advisory firm and a former professor from Georgetown University, said in a signed article. Accordingly Beard also questioned Harvard’s moral obligation, asking if it would return the funds “or rectify it in some other way”.
Moreover the 2010 donation agreement the largest from an international
donor in the 102-year history of the Harvard between HBS Dean Nitin Nohria and
business magnate Ratan Tata that resulted in the subsequent construction of
Tata Hall in 2013 is under a parliamentary scrutiny in India. Further a sub-panel
of the Public Accounts Committee was looking into the $50 million donation and
other such gift pacts, suspecting the money may have been donated in violation
of tax rules, according to a member of the panel.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways Lucknow sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated two major national highways and an inland waterways project at his parliamentary constituency. Accordingly the two roads have a combined length of 34 km and have been laid at a cost of Rs. 1,571.95 crore. Meanwhile the
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!