Hyderabad sources stated that Volvo Cars, owned by Chinese carmaker Geely, is targeting to double its market share in India to 10% of the luxury segment in the next two years. Meanwhile the luxury car makers sold around 40,000 vehicles in the country in 2017 and the Swedish carmaker expects the market to reach 50,000 units by 2020.
Further a spokesperson said the segment is expected to grow 15% and “we expect Volvo cars sales to go up to 5,000 units in the next two years”. Moreover this year, it expects to sell 2,600 cars in India across its nine models. Accordingly the German carmaker Mercedes-Benz is the current market leader in India’s luxury car market, followed by BMW and Audi. Volvo is betting big on hybrids and electric vehicles to drive growth after 2020. For now, it expects to get additional volumes in India from the newly launched XC 60 and the XC 40 which will be introduced in July.
The XC 40, with three variants and to be priced between Rs 36 lakh and Rs
45 lakh, will be the cheapest SUV from Volvo in India. The company will start
sales with the R Design, the costliest variant. The XC 40 will compete with the
Mercedes GLA and BMW X1 in a segment which currently witnesses sales of about
6,000 units. Volvo is targeting sales of about 1,000 XC 40 units in its first
full year after launch.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers