Hyderabad sources stated that Volvo Cars, owned by Chinese carmaker Geely, is targeting to double its market share in India to 10% of the luxury segment in the next two years. Meanwhile the luxury car makers sold around 40,000 vehicles in the country in 2017 and the Swedish carmaker expects the market to reach 50,000 units by 2020.
Further a spokesperson said the segment is expected to grow 15% and “we expect Volvo cars sales to go up to 5,000 units in the next two years”. Moreover this year, it expects to sell 2,600 cars in India across its nine models. Accordingly the German carmaker Mercedes-Benz is the current market leader in India’s luxury car market, followed by BMW and Audi. Volvo is betting big on hybrids and electric vehicles to drive growth after 2020. For now, it expects to get additional volumes in India from the newly launched XC 60 and the XC 40 which will be introduced in July.
The XC 40, with three variants and to be priced between Rs 36 lakh and Rs
45 lakh, will be the cheapest SUV from Volvo in India. The company will start
sales with the R Design, the costliest variant. The XC 40 will compete with the
Mercedes GLA and BMW X1 in a segment which currently witnesses sales of about
6,000 units. Volvo is targeting sales of about 1,000 XC 40 units in its first
full year after launch.
Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory? Chennai sources stated that pointing out that the state government is not serious on implementing its own order making wearing of helmets by two-wheeler riders and pillion riders compulsory, Madras high court has directed the state government to sensitize people of the benefits and law regarding wearing of helmet by riders and pillion riders, and the consequence of breach of the mandate.
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington