The Tamilnadu government has issued an order to seal and permanently shut down the Sterlite copper plant in Thoothukudi. Following continuous protests by the people of Thoothukudi, and the recent unfortunate incidents, the government has issued a government order to close the killer factory.
The people of Thoothukudi have been protesting against the Vedanta groups and demanding the closure of the Sterlite factory for more than 90 days. However on last Tuesday, which happened to be the 100th day of the protest, police had turned violent and attacked the innocent civilians who were protesting and this sudden act of the cops had ended with the death of more than 13 innocents.
While still more than 50-60 people are in hospital with heavy injuries, the government has given an order to close the factory. With this order, the factory will be sealed and closed permanently, and the protesters and people have thanked the government for finally listening to their request.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees