Amazon India is out to expand its presence in India in multiple verticals and its latest decision to invest $12 million in insurance vertical Acko, which holds a license to issue policies in the non-life categories. Meanwhile this is not the first such investment by Amazon in the Indian fin-tech startups; though it is the first insurance company it has picked up to invest in.
Moreover it invested Rs 144 crore in Capital Float, an online lending portal and picked up a minority stake in BankBazaar. Acko Technologies is the parent company that operates the Acko General Insurance business online and uses the latest technology to process applications for insurance policies online and issues them to individuals and businesses. Further as indicated already the company operates in the non-life insurance space.
Amit Agarwal, SVP and Country Manager, Amazon
India, in a statement said “Acko is a young and nimble start-up bringing
technology and data-led innovation to the insurance sector to deliver a better
insurance experience for customers and they are excited to back companies that
are focused on using technology for enhanced customer experience and are led by
missionary founders and management teams and looks forward to be a part of
their growth journey”. Furthermore the founder of Acko, Varun Dua, already runs
another insurance site, CoverFox, which does aggregation of polices and many of
the making investments in Acko have made investments in CoverFox as well.
Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11 As per report actress and Congress leader Khushbu, who was in Hyderabad yesterday, has hit out at KCR by calling him a 'Commission Man'. She alleged that TRS government is working for the 'commissions'. Meanwhile she further alleged that TRS has failed to provide employment to youths and 'minimum support price' to farmers.
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?
- Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli