Chennai sources reported that seven tonnes of mangoes and 2 kg of papaya worth nearly Rs 5 lakh were seized on Monday, from the Koyambedu market in Chennai. As per report police also found 3 kg of an artificial ripening agent ethylene and disposed of fruits worth Rs 4.8 lakh in the Koyambedu bio-methanisation plant.
Meanwhile in the 4 hour long raid which started at 4am on Monday, the police checked 44 shops out of which 39 were found to be using artificial ripeners in their fruits, while 15% of the shopkeepers use artificial ripening agents, the rest use ripening chamber to mature the fruits. Furthermore to ripen mangoes, shopkeepers leave packets of ethylene for a few hours after shops close for the night. They remove them after a few hours and the mangoes would have ripened.
Further the police officers told for papayas,
baking soda is mixed in a 20-litre container of water and the fruits are
exposed to the escaping carbon dioxide in the holes in the container, and
moreover the shopkeepers admitted that they used artificial agents but denied
that these artificial agents caused heath problems.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers