Sterlite copper plant of Thoothukudi, which had previously been close thrice and reopened, has been closed for the 4 time now. Due to this reason, people of Thoothukudi are yet to believe the government action of sealing the factory.
Sterlite factory, in 1996 had emitted sulphur dioxide and other toxic gases as well, leading to people being impacted physically, with them facing respiratory diseases and eye infections. Following such huge effects on health, people had filed cases against the industry in high court. The High court had directed the National Environmental engineering research institute to analyze the situation and submit a report. After the report going negative, the factory was closed.
However it was reopened sooner after
testing for 2 months. In 2010, again a court order was directed to close the
plant or pay a penalty of 100 crores and operate. Even in 2013, after a report
from pollution control board, the plant was closed and reopened. With this
situation, people are now not able to believe the government order to close the
factory 4th time.
EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana Hyderabad sources stated that the Congress would not name the Chief Ministerial candidate in poll-bound Telangana, where it would fight the Assembly elections jointly with the TDP, CPI and Telangana Jana Samithi. A key party leader said “The AICC In-charge of Telangana, R C Khuntia maintained that the usual practice in the Congress was not to name the party's Chief Ministerial candidate before any Assembly election”.
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea