Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Interior Ministry has confirmed its readiness to allow women to drive vehicles in the kingdom, starting from June 24 after decades of a ban. Meanwhile according to an Al Arabiya report on Monday the Assistant Minister of Interior for Operation Affairs General Saeed Al-Qahtani confirmed that all women capable of driving cars can do so.
Moreover he also said female drivers would be on par with males in facing penalties and fines in case of traffic violations. He said "Those who will drive cars are our daughters, wives and sisters, and it's our duty to remind them of rules and prevent any harm against them," further, adding that the decision to allow women to drive serves the country.
Furthermore he highlighted that security
checkpoints would be set up to deal with expected changes in traffic after the
ban would be lifted and Xinhua news agency reported that Saudi King Salman bin
Abdulaziz Al Saud ordered in September 2017 to allow women to drive cars after
decades of restricting driving only to male citizens and residents. Accordingly
the order was one of the major steps Saudi Arabia has taken to change the
society in general and promote the foundations for a strong economy in
Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains? Chennai sources stated that in an effort that could go some way in preparing the people for any imminent threat arising out of the monsoon rains, the State Revenue Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Centre for Coastal Research, to know in advance about the condition and intensity of rains.
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?