Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Interior Ministry has confirmed its readiness to allow women to drive vehicles in the kingdom, starting from June 24 after decades of a ban. Meanwhile according to an Al Arabiya report on Monday the Assistant Minister of Interior for Operation Affairs General Saeed Al-Qahtani confirmed that all women capable of driving cars can do so.
Moreover he also said female drivers would be on par with males in facing penalties and fines in case of traffic violations. He said "Those who will drive cars are our daughters, wives and sisters, and it's our duty to remind them of rules and prevent any harm against them," further, adding that the decision to allow women to drive serves the country.
Furthermore he highlighted that security
checkpoints would be set up to deal with expected changes in traffic after the
ban would be lifted and Xinhua news agency reported that Saudi King Salman bin
Abdulaziz Al Saud ordered in September 2017 to allow women to drive cars after
decades of restricting driving only to male citizens and residents. Accordingly
the order was one of the major steps Saudi Arabia has taken to change the
society in general and promote the foundations for a strong economy in
BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies Accordingly Bharatiya Jana Party which has been keen on tying up with its ally Shiv Sena has finally decided the seat sharing formula with the party for Lok Sabha and Maharashtra's assembly elections. Meanwhile the Shiv Sena will contest for 23 seats while the BJP will contest 25 seats for the General elections.
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!