According to sources the Indian telecom regulator on Tuesday notified the draft regulations to curb pesky calls and text messages by using blockchain technology. Meanwhile the Indian telecom regulator on Tuesday notified the draft regulations to curb pesky calls and text messages by using blockchain technology.
Further an official statement said the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said "unsolicited commercial communication, or spam, is a major nuisance to telecom subscribers", and to curb the menace, TRAI established a "Do Not Disturb" (DND) registry under regulations made in 2010. Moreover it said 23 crore subscribers have registered themselves on the DND registry since then.
Accordingly the problem was not fully contained
because unscrupulous elements started obtaining customers' consent, often
surreptitiously, or resorted to use of unregistered telemarketers that call or
message from a 10 digit number. Furthermore the new features of the regulation
are adoption of Distributed Ledger Technology as the RegTech to enforce
regulatory compliance while allowing innovation in the market. TRAI statement
said the new norms will co-regulate where Telecom Service Providers or Access
Providers establish and arrange framework, which is legally backed by
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers