According to sources the Indian telecom regulator on Tuesday notified the draft regulations to curb pesky calls and text messages by using blockchain technology. Meanwhile the Indian telecom regulator on Tuesday notified the draft regulations to curb pesky calls and text messages by using blockchain technology.
Further an official statement said the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said "unsolicited commercial communication, or spam, is a major nuisance to telecom subscribers", and to curb the menace, TRAI established a "Do Not Disturb" (DND) registry under regulations made in 2010. Moreover it said 23 crore subscribers have registered themselves on the DND registry since then.
Accordingly the problem was not fully contained
because unscrupulous elements started obtaining customers' consent, often
surreptitiously, or resorted to use of unregistered telemarketers that call or
message from a 10 digit number. Furthermore the new features of the regulation
are adoption of Distributed Ledger Technology as the RegTech to enforce
regulatory compliance while allowing innovation in the market. TRAI statement
said the new norms will co-regulate where Telecom Service Providers or Access
Providers establish and arrange framework, which is legally backed by
Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam Sources from Nagapattinam stated that According to Tamil Nadu State Disaster Management Authority, as many as 76,290 people were evacuated from low lying areas and sheltered at over 300 relief centres in six districts including Nagapattinam, Pudukottai, Ramanathapuram and Tiruvarur. As per report holiday has been declared for educational institutions in Nagapattinam.
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai