As per report about a lakh employees of 22 state run and affiliated banks in Karnataka participated in the nationwide two day strike called by bank employees' trade unions to press for wage revision and other benefits, a trade union official said on Wednesday.
All India Bank Officers' Confederation (AIBOC) General Secretary Y. Sudarshan told IANS in Bengaluru told "The response to our strike call has been total as about one lakh bank employees, including officers, are staying away from work across the state in support of our demands, especially wage revision". Meanwhile about 8,000 employees, including 2,000 women, participated in a two hour demonstration in the city centre to protest against the "indifference" of the Indian Banks' Association (IBA) to their demands.
Media reports added that there are about 10,000
bank branches across the state, including 3,000 in and around Bengaluru, with
the State Bank of India (SBI) accounting for 1,000 of them after it merged its
associate banks like SBM and SBH with it recently. He said "There has been
no progress on our talks with the IBA and the government through the Labor
Commissioner, as the representatives of the banks' apex body are unwilling to
increase their offer for 2% hike, which is a pittance and not
acceptable to us at any cost."
Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK? Accordingly the fate of the 23rd edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) is uncertain due to paucity of funds as the state is going through a rebuilding process after being hit by the worst ever floods last month and usually IFFK is held in December every year.
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana