Schools in Telangana which were earlier supposed to reopen on June 1 will now begin the new academic year from June 11 due to the heat wave conditions across the state. The date was postponed and a decision to this effect was taken by the Telangana State Recognized School Managements Association (TSRMA) on Wednesday. The General Secretary of TSRMA has submitted a report to state education minister Kadiyam Srihari. However, all the 13,000 private state-run schools in the state will adhere to this circular.
Earlier, the Telangana school education department had decided to open the schools on June 1 so as to involve the students in the celebrations of Telangana formation day on June 2. It was also learnt that the schools were also instructed to conduct half day classes from June 4 to June 8 i.e from 7 am- 11 am due to the intense heat wave conditions in the state.
As the date of school reopen was postponed, the
school management has decided to compensate the loss by conducting classes on
second Saturdays. They have also decided to reduce the number of holidays
during Dasara and Sankranti.
Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families? Washington sources reported that a legislation seeking to stop the Trump administration from revoking the work authorization of spouses of H1-B visa holders, which include Indians, has been introduced in the US Congress by two lawmakers. Accordingly they said eliminating this benefit would force many foreign workers to use their talent to compete against American businesses.
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?