With the victory in the elections held in Ambadi constituency of Meghalaya, the Congress party has decided to approach the governor of Meghalaya to form the government in the state. In the recently held by election in Ambadi district of Meghalaya, Congress party candidate, Myani Di Shira, Daughter of former chief minister Mukul Sangma has won comfortably.
Following this Victory, the strength of Congress in Meghalaya has increased to 21 seats. There are a total of 60 Seats, and with the majority needed being 31 Seats, none had majority earlier. The people's national party and Congress both had 20 seats each and hence governor had requested people's party to form the government.
Now with the number of seats won by
Congress becoming 21, they have decided to request the governor to form the
government. It must be noted that in a similar fashion, post Karnataka
elections, Congress had wanted to form government in Bihar, Goa and Manipur.
Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker? There are still 35 days to get the results in AP but YSRCP leaders are in cloud nine. Their feet not stand on the floor. They show that much confidence on their victory. As per buzz, Prashant Kishore report gives YSRCP confidence more.
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin