With the victory in the elections held in Ambadi constituency of Meghalaya, the Congress party has decided to approach the governor of Meghalaya to form the government in the state. In the recently held by election in Ambadi district of Meghalaya, Congress party candidate, Myani Di Shira, Daughter of former chief minister Mukul Sangma has won comfortably.
Following this Victory, the strength of Congress in Meghalaya has increased to 21 seats. There are a total of 60 Seats, and with the majority needed being 31 Seats, none had majority earlier. The people's national party and Congress both had 20 seats each and hence governor had requested people's party to form the government.
Now with the number of seats won by
Congress becoming 21, they have decided to request the governor to form the
government. It must be noted that in a similar fashion, post Karnataka
elections, Congress had wanted to form government in Bihar, Goa and Manipur.
Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says New Delhi sources stated that after meeting P Chidamabaram at Tihar Jail, Congress lawmaker Karti Chidambaram on Tuesday said that his father is in good spirits and "procedural games" are being played against him for political theatrics. Karti told media "I came to meet my father as I am entitled to meet him twice a week. He is in good spirits and whatever these procedural games are being played are for political theatrics".
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case