Chicago sources reported that the cast skeleton of the largest dinosaur discovered to date will go on exhibit in a recreation of what would have been its home in present day Argentine Patagonia at Chicago's Field Museum starting June 15. Meanwhile the 37 m (122 ft) long cast, dubbed Maximo, occupies one third of the museum's Stanley Field Hall and its head pokes out from a balcony 8.54 m (28 ft) high.
Accordingly Maximo is a long necked mega-herbivore in the family of Titanosaurus. Field Museum president Richard Lariviere said in a statement said "Our goal as an institution is to offer visitors the best possible dinosaur experiences and we want that to start right when visitors first enter Stanley Field Hall".
said "The new titanosaur is huge and it looks amazing in Stanley Field
Hall. It is the perfect home to display the world's largest dinosaur".
Maximo will not be alone and moreover around the skeleton there will be
floating gardens and life-size reproductions of a flock of giant flying
reptiles, some of them 9.7 m long, the length of a school bus. Further the
Maximo model was created from the fossilized bones of seven individual
dinosaurs of the same species excavated from a quarry near La Flecha, Argentina.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!