Singapore sources added that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday had launched three Indian mobile payment apps in Singapore at a business event aimed at internationalization of the country's digital payment platform. Meanwhile at the 'Business, Innovation and Community Event' where digital platform was the main feature, PM Modi launched India's BHIM, RuPay and SBI app.
As per report India's RuPay digital payments system was linked up with Singapore's 33-year old Network for Electronic Transfers (NETS). Accordingly RuPay users will be able to make payments at all of NETS acceptance points across Singapore. Meanwhile the holders of Singapore NETS will be able to make online purchase on any National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) e-commerce merchant website in India, using 2.8 million RuPay point of sale terminals in India.
Furthermore the industry observers said it
would create multi-billion dollar transactions as some five million Indians
travel to and transit through Singapore, internationalizing the RuPay beginning
with the first cross border usage. Moreover the remittance of up to Rupees
100,000 will be made quick, easy and convenient with the help of Virtual
Payment Address (VPA). Media report added this service will be available to all
savings account holders of SBI Singapore. SBI has six branches in Singapore as
well as Auto Teller Machines (ATMs).
Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani! Politician Kaduvetti Guru's mother Kalyani has said that in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, she will contest against Anbumani and this was confirmed by her family members. Former MLA and Vanniyar association leader Kaduvetti Guru had passed away after health issues a few months back in Chennai Apollo hospital.
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin