Singapore sources added that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday had launched three Indian mobile payment apps in Singapore at a business event aimed at internationalization of the country's digital payment platform. Meanwhile at the 'Business, Innovation and Community Event' where digital platform was the main feature, PM Modi launched India's BHIM, RuPay and SBI app.
As per report India's RuPay digital payments system was linked up with Singapore's 33-year old Network for Electronic Transfers (NETS). Accordingly RuPay users will be able to make payments at all of NETS acceptance points across Singapore. Meanwhile the holders of Singapore NETS will be able to make online purchase on any National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) e-commerce merchant website in India, using 2.8 million RuPay point of sale terminals in India.
Furthermore the industry observers said it
would create multi-billion dollar transactions as some five million Indians
travel to and transit through Singapore, internationalizing the RuPay beginning
with the first cross border usage. Moreover the remittance of up to Rupees
100,000 will be made quick, easy and convenient with the help of Virtual
Payment Address (VPA). Media report added this service will be available to all
savings account holders of SBI Singapore. SBI has six branches in Singapore as
well as Auto Teller Machines (ATMs).
Baba on moon? Truth or fake? Yesterday night, the whole of Chennai had been awake watching the moon as there was news spreading that the image of Sai Baba was visible on the moon. There were widespread rumors spreading over Facebook, WhatsApp and other social media platforms that Sai Baba was visible on the moon, and that he was watching the people and hence people must see him on moon to receive his blessings, and this message had become viral.
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll