Kerala had witnessed a strange case of a 19 year old girl, living together with an 18 year old man. The case had caught all attention of the public and the media, after the father of the girl had filed a habeas corpus petition to find and get back his daughter.
However, the petition which had the father seeking the 18 year old guy to surrender his 19 year old daughter to him, was dismissed by the division bench of Kerala High Court. The bench, which was presided over by the justices V Chitambresh and KP Jyothidnranath had dismissed the petition reasoning out that the couple are both majors above 18 years of age, and hence the court had no authority to separate them as they were living with mutual consent and as they are adults.
The verdict has come out in favor of
live in relationships in the society, as the relationship is consensual, and
that when they are adults and consensual, they cannot be separated even though
they are yet to get married. It must be noted that in its 2014 verdict,
even the Supreme court had said that live in relationships are not crimes.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar