Kerala had witnessed a strange case of a 19 year old girl, living together with an 18 year old man. The case had caught all attention of the public and the media, after the father of the girl had filed a habeas corpus petition to find and get back his daughter.
However, the petition which had the father seeking the 18 year old guy to surrender his 19 year old daughter to him, was dismissed by the division bench of Kerala High Court. The bench, which was presided over by the justices V Chitambresh and KP Jyothidnranath had dismissed the petition reasoning out that the couple are both majors above 18 years of age, and hence the court had no authority to separate them as they were living with mutual consent and as they are adults.
The verdict has come out in favor of
live in relationships in the society, as the relationship is consensual, and
that when they are adults and consensual, they cannot be separated even though
they are yet to get married. It must be noted that in its 2014 verdict,
even the Supreme court had said that live in relationships are not crimes.
How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan? Chennai sources stated that in an interesting turn of events, a Chennai resident received a Swiggy order all the way from Rajasthan. Meanwhile the Chennai based customer had given an order on Sunday and when he checked the app to track his order, he found out that the delivery executive is coming all the way from Rajasthan.
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again