According to sources the protesting farmers’ dumped vegetables, milk and other farm produce on roads and blocked supplies to cities in several states yesterday as they launched a 10 day agitation to press their demands, including loan waiver and right price for crops. Meanwhile the farmer organizations also called for boycott of mandis or wholesale markets in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, leading to fears of shortage and price rise.
Moreover the Rashtriya Kisan Mazdoor Mahasangh (RKMM) convener Shivkumar Sharma told reporters in Bhopal that the "Gaon Band' stir is being held across 22 states. Furthermore the police have kept a close vigil in Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, where six farmers were killed in police firing during the farmers' agitation on June 6 last year.
Sharma said "The cultivators have been asked not to come to the
markets in urban areas to sell their farm produce, including milk".
Furthermore on the last day of the protest on June 10, the farmers' bodies will
organize 'Bharat Bandh'. Moreover the decision to stop supplies starting from
June 1 till June 10 was taken by farmers under the banner of Kisan Ekta Manch
and Rashtriya Kisan Maha Sangh. Accordingly s meeting of the coordination
committee of these two farmers’ organizations, which claim to be representing
172 farmer outfits, was held here last month to give final shape to the
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open