According to sources the protesting farmers’ dumped vegetables, milk and other farm produce on roads and blocked supplies to cities in several states yesterday as they launched a 10 day agitation to press their demands, including loan waiver and right price for crops. Meanwhile the farmer organizations also called for boycott of mandis or wholesale markets in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, leading to fears of shortage and price rise.
Moreover the Rashtriya Kisan Mazdoor Mahasangh (RKMM) convener Shivkumar Sharma told reporters in Bhopal that the "Gaon Band' stir is being held across 22 states. Furthermore the police have kept a close vigil in Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, where six farmers were killed in police firing during the farmers' agitation on June 6 last year.
Sharma said "The cultivators have been asked not to come to the
markets in urban areas to sell their farm produce, including milk".
Furthermore on the last day of the protest on June 10, the farmers' bodies will
organize 'Bharat Bandh'. Moreover the decision to stop supplies starting from
June 1 till June 10 was taken by farmers under the banner of Kisan Ekta Manch
and Rashtriya Kisan Maha Sangh. Accordingly s meeting of the coordination
committee of these two farmers’ organizations, which claim to be representing
172 farmer outfits, was held here last month to give final shape to the
Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held According to sources two persons were arrested on Monday after a WhatsApp exchange on a plan to allegedly kill Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman while they were apparently drunk, police said as the minister paid a visit to Dharchula town in this district of Uttarakhand. Meanwhile the police were alerted to the message at 9:30 pm on Sunday. Pithoragarh SP Ramchandra Rajguru said the two
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai