According to sources Uttar Pradesh is not just the largest state but also the state that gave a massive 71 Lok Sabha seats to the BJP in 2014 general elections a mandate that helped Narendra Modi to emerge as the strongest Prime Minister in the recent times. Furthermore even in the state Assembly elections held last year (2017), BJP emerged as a big player by bagging huge 325 seats out of total 403 Assembly constituencies.
Accordingly since Yogi Adityanath sworn in as the new chief minister last year, the BJP has lost four major by-polls, including in Gorakhpur and Phulpur, the strongholds of the Chief Minister and his deputy Keshav Prasad Maurya. Meanwhile in the latest by election whose results were announced yesterday, the BJP lost the Kairana parliamentary seat to a candidate backed by united opposition parties SP and BSP.
Furthermore these successive defeats of the BJP in UP and elsewhere are
denting the party image largely. Moreover the top brass of RSS and cadre of
Saffron party are now said to be deeply worrying with this poor show of the BJP
in the by-elections. It's high time, Modi-Shah must wake up to avoid further
damage which one could see it coming.
Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension Pyongyang sources made a statement that South Korean President Moon Jae-In and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed an agreement at the end of their summit talks here on Wednesday. As per report it was stated that the agreement was signed at a ceremony held at the North's state guesthouse Paekhwawon and broadcast live in Seoul.
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?