Singapore sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday visited Hindu and Buddhist temples and a mosque in Chinatown here, demonstrating the age old people to-people contact between India and Singapore. Accordingly Modi, who is here on a three day tour, visited Sri Mariamman Temple and participated in prayers. Sri Mariamman is the oldest Hindu temple in the country.
Meanwhile the Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said the priest of the temple gifted a golden stole to Modi. "Reinforcing our strong cultural connect, PM @narendramodi visited the Mariamman Temple". Furthermore Modi also visited Chulia mosque which was built by Chulia Muslim merchants from India's Coromandal Coast under the leadership of Anser Sahib, which is one of the earliest mosques in Singapore. The mosque was established in 1826.
Moreover after visiting the mosque, Modi visited the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum. Further the temple gets its name from what the Buddhists regard as the left canine tooth of Buddha, which has been recovered from his funeral pyre in Kushinagar Uttar Pradesh and displayed in its grounds. As per report he also unveiled the Kala Sangam, a permanent platform established by High Commission of India, Singapore and Indian Heritage Centre, Singapore to bring Indian artisans to Singapore to demonstrate the craft, make and sell their products.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome