New Delhi sources stated that Clean India mission and internal security are among the important agendas listed for a two day conference of governors and Lt Governors beginning today at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Meanwhile this would be the 49th such conference and the second one to be presided over by President Ram Nath Kovind.
Accordingly the first conference of governors was held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in 1949. It was presided over by C Rajagopalachari, the then governor general of India and moreover the conference this year will discuss important thematic issues in various sessions. It will commence on June 4 with the inaugural address by the president.
Furthermore during this session, presentations will
be made by the vice chairman and the CEO of NITI Aayog as well as by National
Security Advisor Ajit Doval. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also address the
gathering. Further the third session will cover the theme of higher education
in state universities and skill development for employability. The governor of
Gujarat will be the convener of this session. Moreover during this session
presentations will be made by the higher education secretary and Department of
Industrial Policy and Promotion secretary.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues