New Delhi sources stated that Clean India mission and internal security are among the important agendas listed for a two day conference of governors and Lt Governors beginning today at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Meanwhile this would be the 49th such conference and the second one to be presided over by President Ram Nath Kovind.
Accordingly the first conference of governors was held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in 1949. It was presided over by C Rajagopalachari, the then governor general of India and moreover the conference this year will discuss important thematic issues in various sessions. It will commence on June 4 with the inaugural address by the president.
Furthermore during this session, presentations will
be made by the vice chairman and the CEO of NITI Aayog as well as by National
Security Advisor Ajit Doval. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also address the
gathering. Further the third session will cover the theme of higher education
in state universities and skill development for employability. The governor of
Gujarat will be the convener of this session. Moreover during this session
presentations will be made by the higher education secretary and Department of
Industrial Policy and Promotion secretary.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!