Guatemala City sources stated that Guatemala's civil defense officials said 25 people have been killed when Guatemala's Fuego volcano erupted Sunday, belching ash and rock and forcing the airport to close. Meanwhile the strong eruption was the second major one this year. Further the National Disaster Relief Agency spokesman David de Leon told reporters dead were from farming communities just south of the volcano who were trapped by hot lava flow.
Moreover another 20 people have been injured, and more than 2,000 evacuated near the volcano and several cities, including Antigua and the Spanish colonial-era city is Guatemala's top tourist attraction. Media reports added that farmers covered in ash fled for their lives as civil defense staffers tried to relocate them to shelters during the event.
Furthermore the civil aviation said dense ash blasted out by the volcano
which rises to 12,346 feet also shut down Guatemala City's international airport.
Moreover the workers were cleaning ash off the runways to get the airport
operating again. Accordingly Guatemala has two other active volcanoes,
Santiaguito in the west and Pacaya, just south of the capital.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam