As per report from sources Justice Ramesh Ranganathan, the Acting Chief Justice of the common High Court of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, has created a record of sorts. Accordingly he will be remembered as the longest serving Acting Chief Justice in the in the history of the high court. Earlier Justice Ranganathan was appointed on July 30 2016 as ACJ and this is the first time that the high court has functioned for close to two years without a permanent chief justice.
Meanwhile on earlier occasions, Justices P. Satyanarayana Raju, A. Sambasiva Rao, Alladi Kuppuswami, P. Basireddy, A. Lakshman Rao, Syed Shah Mohammed Quadri, M.N. Rao, N.Y. Hanumanthappa, Bilal Nazki, Meena Kumar, Ghulam Mohammed, P.C. Ghosh and N.V. Ramana were all Acting Chief Justices for a short period of time. Moreover Justice D.B. Bhosale was Acting Chief Justice for over a year from May 7, 2015 to July 30, 2016.
Previously the Andhra Pradesh High Court was set up in November 1956 and
Justice P. Chandra Reddy was the first judge to officiate as Acting Chief
Justice for a period of five and a half months from January 31, 1958 to June 16
the same year. Furthermore after the division of undivided Andhra Pradesh in
2014, the high court in the Telangana capital, continued to serve as the common
high court for both the states. Moreover the lawyers of Telangana have been
particularly vocal in their demand for a separate high court for the state.
Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport As per report officials at the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) explained that passengers who opt for a web check-in will be able to drop their bags without waiting in long queues and head directly to the boarding gate. A source at the airport told “The passenger needs to go to these machines placed at the counters of the specific airline and place the check-in luggage on the conveyor belt near the counter.
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!