As per report from sources Justice Ramesh Ranganathan, the Acting Chief Justice of the common High Court of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, has created a record of sorts. Accordingly he will be remembered as the longest serving Acting Chief Justice in the in the history of the high court. Earlier Justice Ranganathan was appointed on July 30 2016 as ACJ and this is the first time that the high court has functioned for close to two years without a permanent chief justice.
Meanwhile on earlier occasions, Justices P. Satyanarayana Raju, A. Sambasiva Rao, Alladi Kuppuswami, P. Basireddy, A. Lakshman Rao, Syed Shah Mohammed Quadri, M.N. Rao, N.Y. Hanumanthappa, Bilal Nazki, Meena Kumar, Ghulam Mohammed, P.C. Ghosh and N.V. Ramana were all Acting Chief Justices for a short period of time. Moreover Justice D.B. Bhosale was Acting Chief Justice for over a year from May 7, 2015 to July 30, 2016.
Previously the Andhra Pradesh High Court was set up in November 1956 and
Justice P. Chandra Reddy was the first judge to officiate as Acting Chief
Justice for a period of five and a half months from January 31, 1958 to June 16
the same year. Furthermore after the division of undivided Andhra Pradesh in
2014, the high court in the Telangana capital, continued to serve as the common
high court for both the states. Moreover the lawyers of Telangana have been
particularly vocal in their demand for a separate high court for the state.
Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension Pyongyang sources made a statement that South Korean President Moon Jae-In and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed an agreement at the end of their summit talks here on Wednesday. As per report it was stated that the agreement was signed at a ceremony held at the North's state guesthouse Paekhwawon and broadcast live in Seoul.
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?