Air India, the once upon a time Indian airlines major, has been now burdened with debts, bad loans, and more troubles. Every year, the government has been facing hardships in running the airlines, though there are no profits for the company, and there are only huge losses reported every year. It was in such an economic crunch situation that the central government decided to sell Air India citing lack of fund.
However, most of the service
organizations which initially displayed interest to take over Air India had
exited and escaped sooner. The reason behind none of the companies coming
forward to take over Air India has now been identified. Though the government
has decided to sell shares of AI, it has decided to keep on hold 24% shares with
itself. Niti Ayog had advised the government to sell the whole of shares.
But the central government, with an
aim to get shares of the profit in future, decided to hold 24%shares. However,
no party is coming forward to acquire 76%shares alone. The talks with airline
majors like SpiceJet, Jet Airways, Indigo, Tata, had failed. Now, the
government has decided to sell all the properties associated with Air India. It
has 100 Boeing and Airbus and has permissions to ply to 2543 airports. In 2001,
Singapore Airlines had sold Air India shares and exited the deal.
Gaja impacts throughout the state! Due to Gaja storm, 6 districts of Tamilnadu will have holidays announced for all the schools and colleges located there. Gaja storm has reached Tamilnadu, and it has been expected that the impacts of the storm will be seen throughout the state. Gaja storm will cross the sea today, and it will cross the sea between Pamban and Cuddalore.
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out