Air India, the once upon a time Indian airlines major, has been now burdened with debts, bad loans, and more troubles. Every year, the government has been facing hardships in running the airlines, though there are no profits for the company, and there are only huge losses reported every year. It was in such an economic crunch situation that the central government decided to sell Air India citing lack of fund.
However, most of the service
organizations which initially displayed interest to take over Air India had
exited and escaped sooner. The reason behind none of the companies coming
forward to take over Air India has now been identified. Though the government
has decided to sell shares of AI, it has decided to keep on hold 24% shares with
itself. Niti Ayog had advised the government to sell the whole of shares.
But the central government, with an
aim to get shares of the profit in future, decided to hold 24%shares. However,
no party is coming forward to acquire 76%shares alone. The talks with airline
majors like SpiceJet, Jet Airways, Indigo, Tata, had failed. Now, the
government has decided to sell all the properties associated with Air India. It
has 100 Boeing and Airbus and has permissions to ply to 2543 airports. In 2001,
Singapore Airlines had sold Air India shares and exited the deal.
Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet Islamabad sources reported that India's decision to cancel the foreign minister-level meeting in New York was "arrogant", Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan said Saturday, asserting that he was "disappointed" by the New Delhi's "negative" response. Meanwhile India on Friday cited the "brutal" killing of three policemen in Jammu and Kashmir as well as the release of the postal stamps "glorifying" Kashmiri militant Burhan Wani for calling off the meeting between External
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27