According to sources posters and stickers bearing “It’s okay to cry” would now come up across restaurants and public places in Japan allowing the little ones to cry out in open. Meanwhile this comes in the backdrop of slumping birthrate and shrinking population in Japan. Moreover as a counter measure, Governors of 13 states have joined hands in supporting the cause under the “We love babies” project which aims at creating a society that has more tolerance towards crying babies. Japanese society seems to be intolerant of children and at times even go to the extent of refusing to host nurseries or parks as it creates a buzz of playing children.
Eikei Suzuki, governor of Mei, said at a political gathering said “It’s okay to cry campaign is aimed at a change in the social situation, whereby parents do not anymore feel sorry for people nearby when their babies start crying”.
As per report Japan has been witnessing a steady decline in the birth rate
in recent years, with a big chunk of current population already ageing, posing
serious challenges for Japanese economy and labor in the long run. Moreover as
per Health ministry records, the number of newborn babies in 2017 was only
946,060, a second straight low in a row.
Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday Accordingly Iconic cartoon character Mickey Mouse turned 90 on Sunday, and his birthday is being celebrated around the world, including in India. Meanwhile Mickey Mouse made his first appearance in Steamboat Willie on November 18, 1928, and has ruled hearts since then. Furthermore he was born out of necessity when Walt Disney discovered he had lost the rights to his previous character
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth