Chennai sources stated that in a major move towards conserving the environment, Tamilnadu will go for plastic ban, starting January 1, 2019. As per report the announcement on ban on manufacture, sales, storage and usage of disposable plastic across the state was made by Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy on Tuesday.
Meanwhile when making a suo motu statement in the assembly, chief minister Palanisamy said the announcement was based on the recommendations of an expert panel constituted by former Chief Minister Jayalalitha in this regard. Accordingly the CM said the ban excludes using disposable plastic for packaging milk, curd, oil and medical utilities.
Palanisamy said “The ban was primarily on plastic carry bags, plastic
plates, plastic cups, plastic flags, small plastic sachets used in packaging
water, among others”. Moreover the disposal of such plastic material affected
the flow of waste water and drainage and deeply affected the ground water
table. Furthermore the announcement incidentally comes on World Environment Day
and hence the theme for this year is 'beat plastic pollution'.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018