Chennai sources stated that in a major move towards conserving the environment, Tamilnadu will go for plastic ban, starting January 1, 2019. As per report the announcement on ban on manufacture, sales, storage and usage of disposable plastic across the state was made by Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy on Tuesday.
Meanwhile when making a suo motu statement in the assembly, chief minister Palanisamy said the announcement was based on the recommendations of an expert panel constituted by former Chief Minister Jayalalitha in this regard. Accordingly the CM said the ban excludes using disposable plastic for packaging milk, curd, oil and medical utilities.
Palanisamy said “The ban was primarily on plastic carry bags, plastic
plates, plastic cups, plastic flags, small plastic sachets used in packaging
water, among others”. Moreover the disposal of such plastic material affected
the flow of waste water and drainage and deeply affected the ground water
table. Furthermore the announcement incidentally comes on World Environment Day
and hence the theme for this year is 'beat plastic pollution'.
Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved As per report Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba announced generation of whopping $30.8 billion in terms of Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) during Singles' Day sale the 24 hour annual shopping event held on November 11, beating the last year's record of $25 billion. Meanwhile around 180,000 brands had participated in the sale on all retail platforms of the company. Apple, Xiaomi
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?