Despite all the chaos, violence, and the cop inflicted murders in Thoothukudi following the Sterlite protest on its 100th day, the workers of the killer factory, remain divided in opinions. A section had witnessed gore, and extreme violence, as they resided in the residential space given to them by Vedanta, and had a close to death experience due to unknown violent crowd entering the quarters, and destroying properties and putting to fire, the cars and other vehicles. Such category, which amounts to around 200 families, have moved out of the Sterlite quarters, after the violence had given them nightmares.
According to one of the employees of Sterlite, who had been in the smelter when the residential places, Tamira I and Tamira II were under attack, revealed that, though cops were there, they had moved away when the violent crowd entered, and added that the aim of those people was not just to burn vehicles but to trouble the people as well. Several other residents have revealed that as the situation turned worse, against the employees of Sterlite, they were taken to Madurai and placed safely, and that they have been reporting to job of data reporting from different locations.
While one section has been reporting
that there is no discharge to earth, there are contradictory talks from other
section of people. Another section of staff, who work at a different level
rather than the AC/ Desk job category claim different. They say that the
operations of the plant gives eye infections, and respiratory diseases, and
they also claim that the acidic discharge to ground. With such contradiction
between the workers themselves, Sterlite still remains a mystery.
Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP As per report a day after Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy called for a “revolt” against the BJP in Karnataka, BJP MP Sadananda Gowda and a delegation of the party’s leaders met with Governor Vajubhai Vala and submitted a memorandum requesting legal action to be taken against him.
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!