The Karnataka High court has ordered the Karnataka government to provide protection to the theaters screening the Superstar Rajinikanth movie Kaala. Kaala is a Tamil movie, produced by Dhanush's Wunderbar productions, and is directed by Pa.Ranjith, and stars Superstar Rajinikanth, Huma Qureshi, Eswari Rao, Samuthirakani and Nana Pateker. This movie has Rajinikanth playing a Dharavi based Mumbai gangster.
With the movie scheduled to release on June 7(Thursday), worldwide, the movie has been gaining opposition from different corners. Fringe elements in Karnataka have demanded a ban on Kaala's release in the state due to Rajinikanth's statements regarding the Cauvery water sharing. The Karnataka chamber of commerce also banned the release of Kaala in Karnataka, citing security reasons.
However, the producers’ council and
the film's team have been fighting it out to remove the ban, besides efforts by
people like Prakashraj as well. In such a scenario, producer Dhanush had filed
a petition in the KL high court, following which the court has redirected the
government to offer police protection to theaters screening Kaala, after the
government advocate had said that the government has no objection in offering
protection. The justice had also said that if the film's distributors are ok
with releasing, then there won't be any issues in the release of Kaala in
A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules Washington sources reported that a judge in California partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules that allow employers to opt out of providing health insurance that covers women's birth control from taking effect. Meanwhile US District Judge Haywood Gilliam in Oakland granted a request by 14 Democratic attorneys general for a preliminary injunction.
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post
- Why TDP & Congress not going together in the elections?
- International Youth Leadership Conference to be inaugurated by Anna Hazare
- CM Yogi Adithyanath confident about BJPs performance in 2019