The Karnataka High court has ordered the Karnataka government to provide protection to the theaters screening the Superstar Rajinikanth movie Kaala. Kaala is a Tamil movie, produced by Dhanush's Wunderbar productions, and is directed by Pa.Ranjith, and stars Superstar Rajinikanth, Huma Qureshi, Eswari Rao, Samuthirakani and Nana Pateker. This movie has Rajinikanth playing a Dharavi based Mumbai gangster.
With the movie scheduled to release on June 7(Thursday), worldwide, the movie has been gaining opposition from different corners. Fringe elements in Karnataka have demanded a ban on Kaala's release in the state due to Rajinikanth's statements regarding the Cauvery water sharing. The Karnataka chamber of commerce also banned the release of Kaala in Karnataka, citing security reasons.
However, the producers’ council and
the film's team have been fighting it out to remove the ban, besides efforts by
people like Prakashraj as well. In such a scenario, producer Dhanush had filed
a petition in the KL high court, following which the court has redirected the
government to offer police protection to theaters screening Kaala, after the
government advocate had said that the government has no objection in offering
protection. The justice had also said that if the film's distributors are ok
with releasing, then there won't be any issues in the release of Kaala in
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day