The Karnataka High court has ordered the Karnataka government to provide protection to the theaters screening the Superstar Rajinikanth movie Kaala. Kaala is a Tamil movie, produced by Dhanush's Wunderbar productions, and is directed by Pa.Ranjith, and stars Superstar Rajinikanth, Huma Qureshi, Eswari Rao, Samuthirakani and Nana Pateker. This movie has Rajinikanth playing a Dharavi based Mumbai gangster.
With the movie scheduled to release on June 7(Thursday), worldwide, the movie has been gaining opposition from different corners. Fringe elements in Karnataka have demanded a ban on Kaala's release in the state due to Rajinikanth's statements regarding the Cauvery water sharing. The Karnataka chamber of commerce also banned the release of Kaala in Karnataka, citing security reasons.
However, the producers’ council and
the film's team have been fighting it out to remove the ban, besides efforts by
people like Prakashraj as well. In such a scenario, producer Dhanush had filed
a petition in the KL high court, following which the court has redirected the
government to offer police protection to theaters screening Kaala, after the
government advocate had said that the government has no objection in offering
protection. The justice had also said that if the film's distributors are ok
with releasing, then there won't be any issues in the release of Kaala in
Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor Chennai sources stated that the mother of one of the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, AG Perarivalan, on Monday met Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit seeking her son's release following a cabinet recommendation to him on the matter. Accordingly Arputhammal
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE