A political rumour is doing rounds in Amaravati these days claiming that Andhra Octopus Lagadapati Rajagopal had given 130 MLA seats to the ruling Telugu Desam Party in the 2019 elections. Rajagopal had met Chandrababu Naidu in Amaravati last week. While what transpired between them is not known, a minister from Guntur district had pushed some points into circulation claiming that the former Congress MP had given a detailed report of his latest survey on the 2019 elections which favoured 130 MLA seats to the TDP.
The Minister is said to have intentionally floated a few leaks into the media, which are widely being circulated in the social media. It is said that Chandrababu Naidu himself is anticipating 90 seats for his party in the next election, while Lagadapati had given him a whopping 130 seats. Lagadapati’s claim, according to the rumours in circulation, is that Chandrababu Naidu’s image had gone up after he broke the alliance with the BJP. The survey saw a total shift of Muslim votes to the TDP, which went to YSR Congress in the last election. The survey also claims that Pawan Kalyan’s Jana Sena will eat into the SC vote base of the YSR Congress and not the Kapu vote base of the TDP.
The BJP’s defeat in Karnataka is attributed to Chandrababu Naidu’s leadership, as per the survey and people want the TDP chief to stay in power for one more term. The people are also happy with Chandrababu Naidu’s work for the new capital, Amaravati, which has to be continued and people fear that Jaganmohan Reddy would shift the capital from Amaravati if voted to power. This is going deeper into the minds of the people, the survey claims.
Whether Lagadapati had really conducted the survey or not, the TDP leaders are keeping these positive points in circulation to build a positive image for the party ahead of the next round of elections. Taking advantage of Lagadapati meeting Chandrababu Naidu, the TDP leaders are spreading positive word in favour of the party and the media is circulating the same to change the mood of the people in TDP’s favour. However, it is to be seen if it works in TDP’s favour when the election bells ring in May 2019.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open