The Lok Sabha Speaker had finally accepted the resignations of the YSR Congress MPs on Wednesday. While a notification is awaited from the Speaker’s office on the resignations, the MPs claimed that the Speaker had given them oral approval.
The YSR Congress MPs claimed it as a victory and the party had started celebrations in the State. The party had welcomed the development as that proved their commitment to the cause and sincerity in fighting for the same with the BJP. The leaders also claimed that the acceptance of resignations had proved that there was no hidden understanding between the BJP and the YSR Congress, as being accused by the TDP.
The YSR Congress leaders in the State are now throwing an open challenge to the TDP to make their MPs too to resign and seek mandate on the special category status demand. “If all the 17 MPs now with the TDP, including the three defected MPs from the YSR Congress, also resigned, the Election Commission would hold by-elections. It is now for the TDP to tell the people how serious the party is in fighting for the State interests,” said Tirupati MP V Varaprasada Rao, emerging out of the Lok Sabha Speaker’s office in Delhi.
“We don’t need certificates from Chandrababu Naidu or his son Lokesh on our commitment to the peoples’ issues. People know who is committed and who is corrupt,” asserted another MP Mithun Reddy.
One after the other, the YSR Congress MPs and leaders are throwing challenge at the TDP to follow suit and get the by-elections conducted. Will the TDP take up this challenge or come up with another excuse or U turn?
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy