Chennai sources reported that in a surprise visit, actor Vijay met the families of those who were killed in the Thoothukudi-Sterlite violence, in the wee hours of Wednesday. Accordingly Vijay went to residences of those who lost their lives, and spent time with their families. Meanwhile according to reports, he also handed over a solatium of Rs 1 lakh to the families.
As per report there was nearly no media presence when he visited the families and a few smart phone images taken by locals were circulated later. Meanwhile one local said that the actor turned up when they were not expecting him. Further the local said that Vijay sat with the families and heard their problems, along with what had happened on May 22, on the day 13 civilians were killed.
Further Vijay's visit follows that of visits made by actor cum politicians
Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan. Moreover after meeting the families of those
injured in the police shooting in Thoothukudi, Rajinikanth had said that
the protest was infiltrated by anti-social elements. Earlier the inquiry
committee set up by the Government of Tamilnadu to probe the
Thoothukudi-Sterlite killings took charge previously this week on Monday.
Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store! After court order Google removed Tik Tok app from its play store. After a public interest litigation filed in Madurai high court quoting that Tik Tok affects culture with vulgar content it demanded central government to ban Tik Tok.
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam
- Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!