Chennai sources reported that Vaishali Banerjee, Managing Director India, and Platinum Guild International (PGI) that the investment in precious metal, in India, mostly means investing in gold for the middle and upper middle class families, but then, platinum is more precious and a far better investment option.
Accordingly the sale of platinum jewelry has been single-handedly spearheaded by PGI, especially in four countries India, China, USA, and Japan. Presently India has been in the forefront of this growth, despite challenges from new legislation such as demonetization or the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax (GST). Vaishali said Bridal trends and the love-gifting strategy have helped retailers find a foothold in the gold-dominated industry. "Designs inspired by global trends and the distinct emotional positioning of platinum make it the preferred choice of millennial”.
Moreover the young consumers, especially brides have contributed to the
demand growth the last year. Furthermore some areas have even outperformed the
consumer retail sales growth of gold here. Suvankar Sen, Director of Senco Gold
& Diamonds said "This generation wants novelty and versatility in
jewelry which platinum offers in abundance”. She added “Consumers are well
aware of platinum, with the 'spontaneous awareness' index being as high as 74%
Gaja storm getting intensified! Chennai meteorological department director Balachandran had announced that when the Gaja storm arrives, the altitude of water levels will be raised by a height of more than one metre. During his latest Press meet held today, Balachandran had detailed on the Gaja storm and where it's centred currently.
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers