Chennai sources reported that Vaishali Banerjee, Managing Director India, and Platinum Guild International (PGI) that the investment in precious metal, in India, mostly means investing in gold for the middle and upper middle class families, but then, platinum is more precious and a far better investment option.
Accordingly the sale of platinum jewelry has been single-handedly spearheaded by PGI, especially in four countries India, China, USA, and Japan. Presently India has been in the forefront of this growth, despite challenges from new legislation such as demonetization or the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax (GST). Vaishali said Bridal trends and the love-gifting strategy have helped retailers find a foothold in the gold-dominated industry. "Designs inspired by global trends and the distinct emotional positioning of platinum make it the preferred choice of millennial”.
Moreover the young consumers, especially brides have contributed to the
demand growth the last year. Furthermore some areas have even outperformed the
consumer retail sales growth of gold here. Suvankar Sen, Director of Senco Gold
& Diamonds said "This generation wants novelty and versatility in
jewelry which platinum offers in abundance”. She added “Consumers are well
aware of platinum, with the 'spontaneous awareness' index being as high as 74%
In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee Kolkata sources reported that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said the country will witness a "revolution" in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections and people will defeat the BJP. Previously the BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha polls by securing 31% votes but it cannot be repeated. She claimed “The BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha polls by securing 31% votes but it cannot be repeated”.
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala