Kerala former chief minister Ommen Chandy had assumed charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs of the Congress party. One of the senior leaders of the party in the South, Chandhy has brighter image for him in the party. He is soft and highly strategic in the electoral politics. Though talks less, he does more work.
He replaced Digvijay Singh as far as AP is concerned. It is not just the people of the State, even the Congress party activists from the grassroots were upset with Digvijay Singh for his role towards the State at the time of bifurcation. He had displayed the arrogance much to the liking of the people. He did not give a chance to the Andhra Pradesh, the Seemandhra region as it was called at that time, to listen to their objections. Though guided to do so by the party high command, people did not like the way he behaved with the leaders of this region including those in the Cabinet at that point of time. He displayed the arrogance of power time and again all through the process.
Being incharge of the party affairs in the State, he was expected to protect the interests of this region while executing the bifurcation. Both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh should have been equal for him. But, the Congress party was biased to Telangana and so was Digvijay Singh. The bifurcation too was completely unjust and it is a history now. But, the very presence of Digvijay Singh in Andhra Pradesh as incharge of the party affairs after bifurcation further deteriorated the party position in the State. People did not like him visit the State anymore.
It was this sentiment that finally prevailed upon the leadership to change him. Surprisingly, the Congress must have given a deep thought into the issue before giving a replacement to Digvijay Singh. Oommen Chandy is comparatively a best bet for the party. He is senior, experienced, strategist and above all he is from the South. He knows the realities of the south better than the north leaders.
The Congress which has been struggling to make its presence felt in the State in the last four years is now depending on his leadership. The stand that he would take and the programmes that he would give to the party leadership here will play key role in giving some new lease of life to the party in the State. It is to be seen how Chandy would help in improving the party which is now on the death bed.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?