Kerala former chief minister Ommen Chandy had assumed charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs of the Congress party. One of the senior leaders of the party in the South, Chandhy has brighter image for him in the party. He is soft and highly strategic in the electoral politics. Though talks less, he does more work.
He replaced Digvijay Singh as far as AP is concerned. It is not just the people of the State, even the Congress party activists from the grassroots were upset with Digvijay Singh for his role towards the State at the time of bifurcation. He had displayed the arrogance much to the liking of the people. He did not give a chance to the Andhra Pradesh, the Seemandhra region as it was called at that time, to listen to their objections. Though guided to do so by the party high command, people did not like the way he behaved with the leaders of this region including those in the Cabinet at that point of time. He displayed the arrogance of power time and again all through the process.
Being incharge of the party affairs in the State, he was expected to protect the interests of this region while executing the bifurcation. Both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh should have been equal for him. But, the Congress party was biased to Telangana and so was Digvijay Singh. The bifurcation too was completely unjust and it is a history now. But, the very presence of Digvijay Singh in Andhra Pradesh as incharge of the party affairs after bifurcation further deteriorated the party position in the State. People did not like him visit the State anymore.
It was this sentiment that finally prevailed upon the leadership to change him. Surprisingly, the Congress must have given a deep thought into the issue before giving a replacement to Digvijay Singh. Oommen Chandy is comparatively a best bet for the party. He is senior, experienced, strategist and above all he is from the South. He knows the realities of the south better than the north leaders.
The Congress which has been struggling to make its presence felt in the State in the last four years is now depending on his leadership. The stand that he would take and the programmes that he would give to the party leadership here will play key role in giving some new lease of life to the party in the State. It is to be seen how Chandy would help in improving the party which is now on the death bed.
KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name According to sources TRS chief and CM KCR, who has filed his nomination on Wednesday at Gajwel RDO office, has declared his assets both movable and immovable assets. Meanwhile KCR declared that he has no own vehicle and further he stated that he owns assets worth Rs 10.40 Crore and his wife Shobha has assets worth Rs 94.59 Lakh.
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!