Kerala former chief minister Ommen Chandy had assumed charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs of the Congress party. One of the senior leaders of the party in the South, Chandhy has brighter image for him in the party. He is soft and highly strategic in the electoral politics. Though talks less, he does more work.
He replaced Digvijay Singh as far as AP is concerned. It is not just the people of the State, even the Congress party activists from the grassroots were upset with Digvijay Singh for his role towards the State at the time of bifurcation. He had displayed the arrogance much to the liking of the people. He did not give a chance to the Andhra Pradesh, the Seemandhra region as it was called at that time, to listen to their objections. Though guided to do so by the party high command, people did not like the way he behaved with the leaders of this region including those in the Cabinet at that point of time. He displayed the arrogance of power time and again all through the process.
Being incharge of the party affairs in the State, he was expected to protect the interests of this region while executing the bifurcation. Both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh should have been equal for him. But, the Congress party was biased to Telangana and so was Digvijay Singh. The bifurcation too was completely unjust and it is a history now. But, the very presence of Digvijay Singh in Andhra Pradesh as incharge of the party affairs after bifurcation further deteriorated the party position in the State. People did not like him visit the State anymore.
It was this sentiment that finally prevailed upon the leadership to change him. Surprisingly, the Congress must have given a deep thought into the issue before giving a replacement to Digvijay Singh. Oommen Chandy is comparatively a best bet for the party. He is senior, experienced, strategist and above all he is from the South. He knows the realities of the south better than the north leaders.
The Congress which has been struggling to make its presence felt in the State in the last four years is now depending on his leadership. The stand that he would take and the programmes that he would give to the party leadership here will play key role in giving some new lease of life to the party in the State. It is to be seen how Chandy would help in improving the party which is now on the death bed.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites