According to a media report Pakistani authorities have suspended the national identity card and passport of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf on orders by a special court hearing a treason case against him. Earlier Musharraf, 74, was indicted in March, 2014 on treason charges for imposing an emergency in 2007 which led to the confinement of a number of superior court judges in their houses and sacking of over a 100 judges.
Previously on March 18, 2016, the former president travelled to Dubai for medical treatment. Meanwhile a few months later, the special court had declared him a proclaimed offender and ordered the confiscation of his property owing to his no-show in the case. Moreover the court in March ordered the federal government to suspend his Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) and passport.
As per report it further added that after his passport was blocked,
Musharraf would not be able to travel in any country and even his stay in Dubai
would be illegal. Recently sources said that now he can either seek political
asylum or have special documents arranged if he desires to return to Pakistan. Furthermore
the special court in its order of March had stated that the ministry of
interior and all other departments, divisions and agencies of the government of
Pakistan must take positive steps to ensure his arrest.
Will Tamilnadu Telecom Employees be declared as Govt Employees? Tiruchy sources added that Federation’s national vice-president C K Mathivanan said the National Federation of Telecom Employees have appealed to the Union Government to again categorically declare all the 2.5 lakh BSNL (public sector telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) employees as ‘Government servants’.
- Spanish Royal Couple anchored by Trump
- Which pair do you think will most likely get hitched?
- Sri Reddy explained what happened inside her Bedroom
- TDP targets Buggana complaints to Speaker
- Will Ganta Srinivasa Rao lose in Bheemili constituency in 2019 polls?
- Envoy says Xi Jinping watched Dangal on multiple occasions
- Rahul sets his eyes on AP politics
- A drunken detector taxi from Uber!
- Madras Mozart becomes Sikkim ambassador!
- Ulaga Nayagan meets Rahul Gandhi!
- Sakshi Dhoni requests pistol for safety!
- Centre gave Rs 1.50 lakh crore to AP in four years
- Donald Trump escalated his attacks on America's northern neighbor
- Choreographer allegedly made a hoax Bomb Call after missing Flight
- How has practicing Yoga changed your life?