According to a media report Pakistani authorities have suspended the national identity card and passport of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf on orders by a special court hearing a treason case against him. Earlier Musharraf, 74, was indicted in March, 2014 on treason charges for imposing an emergency in 2007 which led to the confinement of a number of superior court judges in their houses and sacking of over a 100 judges.
Previously on March 18, 2016, the former president travelled to Dubai for medical treatment. Meanwhile a few months later, the special court had declared him a proclaimed offender and ordered the confiscation of his property owing to his no-show in the case. Moreover the court in March ordered the federal government to suspend his Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) and passport.
As per report it further added that after his passport was blocked,
Musharraf would not be able to travel in any country and even his stay in Dubai
would be illegal. Recently sources said that now he can either seek political
asylum or have special documents arranged if he desires to return to Pakistan. Furthermore
the special court in its order of March had stated that the ministry of
interior and all other departments, divisions and agencies of the government of
Pakistan must take positive steps to ensure his arrest.
#HappyIndependenceDay - PM Modi's Full Speech on 71 years of Independence The Prime Minister Narendra Modi took it to Twitter to express his Independence day wishes early in the day. The Independence Day celebrations began in Delhi, as the Army contingent headed by Major Suraj Pal, Navy contingent lead by MYV Tejas and Airforce contingent lead by Praveen Narayan were prepared for Independence day activities.
- #IndiaIndependenceDay - Modi unfurls the Tricolor flag at Redfort and address the Nation
- Why was August 15 chosen as Independence Day??
- Do you know why August 15 chosen as Independence Day??
- Rahul Gandhi says TRS Chief was no less than Modi
- Wishes to all Indians on this 72nd Independence Day, PM Modi's speech to rock India
- Rajnikanth lashes out at Tamil Nadu Chief minister - "You are not MGR or Jayalalitha..."
- Janasena Party President blames TDP MPs involved in corruption
- Omarosa Manigault repeated that Trump is a "racist, misogynist & bigot
- Rains in Kerala caused an approximate material loss of Rs 8,315 crore: CM
- Supreme Court recently told Indian government to restore Taj or demolish it
- Kasturba Gandhi, the larger than life shadow of Mahatma Gandhi
- Know about Ashoka Chakra and 24 Spokes
- MK. Stalin camp says possibility of Alagiri's re-induction into party seems unlikely
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker passes away
- Chief justice unites couple!