According to a media report Pakistani authorities have suspended the national identity card and passport of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf on orders by a special court hearing a treason case against him. Earlier Musharraf, 74, was indicted in March, 2014 on treason charges for imposing an emergency in 2007 which led to the confinement of a number of superior court judges in their houses and sacking of over a 100 judges.
Previously on March 18, 2016, the former president travelled to Dubai for medical treatment. Meanwhile a few months later, the special court had declared him a proclaimed offender and ordered the confiscation of his property owing to his no-show in the case. Moreover the court in March ordered the federal government to suspend his Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) and passport.
As per report it further added that after his passport was blocked,
Musharraf would not be able to travel in any country and even his stay in Dubai
would be illegal. Recently sources said that now he can either seek political
asylum or have special documents arranged if he desires to return to Pakistan. Furthermore
the special court in its order of March had stated that the ministry of
interior and all other departments, divisions and agencies of the government of
Pakistan must take positive steps to ensure his arrest.
RBI governor resigns after clash with Govt! Reserve Bank of India governor Urjit Patel has announced that he is resigning from his role. There has been a strong war between the central government and Reserve bank of India over the past few months, and there has been a constant complaint that, the central government has not been letting the RBI to function independently.
- Telangana TV channels depicted several Creative Cartoons during Election results
- Will US Presidential Elections result in Donald Trump's impeachment?
- Why Revanth Reddy lost in Telangana?
- And the WINNER in Telangana is TRS Party!!!
- Attraction of Stable job in a big MNC is very high
- Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN!
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai