According to a media report Pakistani authorities have suspended the national identity card and passport of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf on orders by a special court hearing a treason case against him. Earlier Musharraf, 74, was indicted in March, 2014 on treason charges for imposing an emergency in 2007 which led to the confinement of a number of superior court judges in their houses and sacking of over a 100 judges.
Previously on March 18, 2016, the former president travelled to Dubai for medical treatment. Meanwhile a few months later, the special court had declared him a proclaimed offender and ordered the confiscation of his property owing to his no-show in the case. Moreover the court in March ordered the federal government to suspend his Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) and passport.
As per report it further added that after his passport was blocked,
Musharraf would not be able to travel in any country and even his stay in Dubai
would be illegal. Recently sources said that now he can either seek political
asylum or have special documents arranged if he desires to return to Pakistan. Furthermore
the special court in its order of March had stated that the ministry of
interior and all other departments, divisions and agencies of the government of
Pakistan must take positive steps to ensure his arrest.
AP CM Chandrababu Naidu pens to PM for Titli relief measures According to sources after seeking an interim relief from Cyclone Titli devastation Andhra CM Chandrababu Naidu has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, 48 hours after the CM oversaw relief and rescue measures and visited cyclone hit districts in North Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Srikakulam and Vizianagaram.
- Mistakes you should avoid during Navaratri
- What will happen when you eat Non-Veg during Navaratri?
- Which Color to use in worshiping each Goddess?
- Why Navaratri is so special in India?
- 68 year old brutally killed!
- Kamal Hassan visits Mettur dam!
- Kerala actor apologizes!
- Stalin condemns on ADMK!
- 3 Member Panel to probe MeToo allegations in Kollywood: Vishal
- Pawan Kalyan to contest in 24 seats in Telangana Elections
- Will Kamal Hassan build alliance with Congress in 2019 Elections?
- APJ Abdul Kalam as President in India
- Remembering APJ Abdul Kalam on his BIRTHDAY (October 15)
- Huawei to support one million AI developers & partners over three years
- Karnataka health department confirms Swine flu cases