According to sources Union Minister of Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi announced that all NRI marriages which are solemnized in India must be registered within 48 hours of wedding. Meanwhile NRIs who fail to register their marriages within the prescribed time will not be issued a Visa or passport, as per Maneka Gandhi.
As per report Maneka's new diktat comes as a sudden surprise as there has been no time frame for registering marriages in India till date. Furthermore recently, the Law Commission issued a report, recommending that the time limit to register marriages should be restricted to 30 days after which a penalty of Rs 5 per day could be imposed.
Moreover the Women and Child Development Ministry will soon issue orders
to all the registrars, instructing them to provide details of NRI marriages to
the ministry for setting up of a central database. Accordingly the ministry
recently issued 6 lookout notices and even got the passports of 5 NRI husbands
revoked by the Ministry of External Affairs. Hence all the ministries will keep
a strict vigil on the arrival or departure of NRI husbands to prevent them from
leaving India after being involved in marital disputes with their wives.
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai