Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan, who is currently on the north coastal districts tour took a strong dig at the Janma Bhoomi committees which hold key to the government welfare programmes in the State.
The committees even dominate the elected bodies of the village panchayats in deciding the developmental initiatives in the village. They also play key role in the selection of beneficiaries for various welfare programmes like pension, houses and subsidy linked loans from the government.
The committees filled with the ruling Telugu Desam Party leaders at the grassroots are the key players of the TDP government ever since Chandrababu Naidu introduced the Janma Bhoomi programme in his earlier stint. Every developmental work in the villages has to be cleared by these committees and every application either for loans or pensions are to be cleared by these committees.
Pawan Kalyan, while targeting these committees accused the government of encouraging these committees indulge in huge corruption. While the elected rural and urban local bodies remain mute spectators to the development, these Janma Bhoomi committees play key role in reaching out to the people or the government. In a way, these committees play the mediatory role between the government and the people.
The Jana Sena chief alleged that the State government was encouraging corruption with the connivance of the Janma Bhoomi committees. Pawan Kalyan, ever since he broke alliance with the TDP, had been going hard in criticising the government and the latest on Janma Bhoomi is a direct hit on Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu.
It is now to be seen how the Telugu Desam government and the Chief Minister would react to the Jana Sena’s allegations against the TDP’s brain-child, the Janma Bhoomi committees.
J. Jayalalitha Probe case summoned by 3 AIIMS Doctors Chennai sources added that he Justice A Arumughaswamy Commission of Inquiry, probing the circumstances leading to former Chief Minister J Jayalalitha's death, has summoned three doctors of AIIMS, who examined her at the Apollo Hospital in Chennai, to appear before it on August 23 and 24.
- Kerala to receive Flood relief from AP & Telangana
- Pregnant Woman at Kerala flood delivered Baby Boy
- Kerala MLA highlights threat to Chenganur!
- UAE forms emergency committee to help Kerala!
- Imran Khan extends sympathies to people of India in grief for Vajpayee
- Sachin's condolences for Vajpayee!
- Flood alert for 11 districts of TN!
- 58 year Norway Minister having great time with 28 year Iranian Girlfriend
- List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?