New Delhi sources stated that the ruling BJP at the centre is facing rough weather as the party is likely to lose nearly half of the MP seats, out of 282 won in 2014 elections, in the next general elections to be held in 2019. Meanwhile according to the internal survey conducted by the BJP, the report found that BJP is facing strong anti-incumbency in at least 152 parliamentary constituencies where the saffron party won in the last elections.
As per the survey report accessed by noted Hindi national daily Dainik Bhaskar, revealed that BJP will have to adopt new strategy to retain majority seats it won in the next elections. Moreover the survey was completed just before the assembly elections in Gujarat last year. Furthermore taking cue from the results, the BJP eyed to win seats in Odisha, AP, Telangana and West Bengal where the party representation was almost nil.
Moreover out of 105 seats in the four states, the
BJP target to win at least 80 seats by forming alliance with the regional
parties in those four states. Accordingly the saffron party also started
the second phase of the survey. In this phase, alternative candidates and
measures to improve the party's prospects in constituencies where it is facing
anti-incumbency will be explored.
"I can live in Pakistan than South India" - Siddhu speech gets viral! Former Indian cricketer Navjot Singh Siddhu's speech that he feels closer to Pakistan than South India has got viral and has become a huge topic of controversy now. A minister from Punjab, Siddhu was initially a member of the BJP party and became an MP but had later exited the party and entered Congress party.
- Tamilisai Soundararajan ridiculed Kamal Hassan
- BJP confident in winning in Telangana: Sadananda Gowda
- Saudi Arabia's King questioned about disappearance of Journalist to Turkish President
- IO extended up to November 2 for appearance of P Chidambaram in HC
- TPCC sent Candidates List for final confirmation from AICC
- India's Top 15 Millionaires Daughters
- Will Power star react on Renu Desai's second marriage?
- Who is Pawan Kalyan's next targeted guy?
- Bryan Adams opens up about his relationship with Princess Diana
- INR Crash at an All-Time Low!
- Revanth Reddy complaints about KCR to EC
- Filmmaker RGV announced cash award for a video
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu pens to PM for Titli relief measures
- Mistakes you should avoid during Navaratri
- What will happen when you eat Non-Veg during Navaratri?