In the Karnataka State assembly, a candidate who had just passed 8th standard has been allotted education ministry in the cabinet. In the recently held Karnataka state assembly elections, none of the parties that contested gained Majority. Following this development, the Janata Dal secular joined forces with Congress to form an alliance and ultimately formed the government in Karnataka.
After this, Janata Dal's HD Kumaraswamy had sworn in as the chief minister of Karnataka before few weeks. Now the list of ministers appointed for different cabinet posts have been listed. In this, GD Deve Gowda has been allotted the ministry of higher education.
Since he had defeated former chief
minister Siddharamiah in Chamundeeswari constituency only he has been given
this ministry. However there are new controversies as Deve Gowda is just an 8th
standard passed out. For this, HD Kumaraswamy, who is a BSC graduate has said
that the portfolios are allocated as per their skills and abilities and not
based on their educational qualification.
#HappyIndependenceDay - PM Modi's Full Speech on 71 years of Independence The Prime Minister Narendra Modi took it to Twitter to express his Independence day wishes early in the day. The Independence Day celebrations began in Delhi, as the Army contingent headed by Major Suraj Pal, Navy contingent lead by MYV Tejas and Airforce contingent lead by Praveen Narayan were prepared for Independence day activities.
- #IndiaIndependenceDay - Modi unfurls the Tricolor flag at Redfort and address the Nation
- Why was August 15 chosen as Independence Day??
- Do you know why August 15 chosen as Independence Day??
- Rahul Gandhi says TRS Chief was no less than Modi
- Wishes to all Indians on this 72nd Independence Day, PM Modi's speech to rock India
- Rajnikanth lashes out at Tamil Nadu Chief minister - "You are not MGR or Jayalalitha..."
- Janasena Party President blames TDP MPs involved in corruption
- Omarosa Manigault repeated that Trump is a "racist, misogynist & bigot
- Rains in Kerala caused an approximate material loss of Rs 8,315 crore: CM
- Supreme Court recently told Indian government to restore Taj or demolish it
- Kasturba Gandhi, the larger than life shadow of Mahatma Gandhi
- Know about Ashoka Chakra and 24 Spokes
- MK. Stalin camp says possibility of Alagiri's re-induction into party seems unlikely
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker passes away
- Chief justice unites couple!