The CPI and the CPM sponsored forum for the special category status had decided to intensify the agitation for the cause from June 15. A round table meeting of the forum decided to take up the struggle on its own without looking for the ruling Telugu Desam Party and the Opposition YSR Congress.
Led by Chalasani Srinivas, the forum would hold special conventions with the students in all educational institutions from June 15. They would hold special conventions for the students, teachers and the professors in schools, colleges and universities. The forum would hold meetings with the students unions and teachers associations across the State to involve them in the future struggle.
Once the students and teachers are involved, the forum would take up the second phase of the agitation that includes the road blockade and would proceed to hold 24 hour-long national highways blockade in the State. The forum would close all the national highways passing through the State for 24 hours bringing the national vehicular traffic to a standstill.
In the third phase, the forum would constitute committees at the village level and take up signature campaign which would be sent to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Central government. Then it would organise meetings for the key issues like railway zone, steel plant, Dugarajapatnam port and the central institutions.
The forum had decided not to invite the ruling TDP or the Opposition YSR Congress but would welcome if they join. Interestingly, the YSR Congress has been part of the agitations sponsored by the forum for the past three years but the TDP had never taken part of the agitations. Instead, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu wanted the forum and the Left parties to support him. The forum and the Left parties have initially backed Chandrababu Naidu when he called for the all-party meeting after he pulled out from the NDA. But, later on with the people criticising them for joining hands with the TDP, the CPI and the CPM, besides the forum distanced from Chandrababu Naidu.
Now that the forum had taken up its own action plan, it is to be seen how the TDP and the YSR Congress would respond.
Even Candidates Shy Away from Janasena Review Meeting Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. Pawan Kalyan himself disappeared after the polling and hurried arranged review meetings of the candidates in Mangalagiri office after 10 days of the polling. The candidates of Uttarandhra, Godavari districts, and Krishna were called.
- Thambidurai's surprising behavior!
- North Indians angry over Briyani!
- Will Rahul Gandhi fulfill his poll promises?
- Did TTV Dinakaran appeared before Court in defamation case?
- Harassment case against Chief justice!
- Age verification on adult sites soon!
- Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!
- Pinarayi hits out Modis speech on Sabarimala issue
- PM offered of all possible help & assistance to Sri Lanka after Easter blast
- MK Stalin to devise strategy for 4 Assembly by-elections scheduled on May 19
- World's smallest baby boy weighing as an apple, ready for outside world
- Is Pawan Kalyan again hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons?