The CPI and the CPM sponsored forum for the special category status had decided to intensify the agitation for the cause from June 15. A round table meeting of the forum decided to take up the struggle on its own without looking for the ruling Telugu Desam Party and the Opposition YSR Congress.
Led by Chalasani Srinivas, the forum would hold special conventions with the students in all educational institutions from June 15. They would hold special conventions for the students, teachers and the professors in schools, colleges and universities. The forum would hold meetings with the students unions and teachers associations across the State to involve them in the future struggle.
Once the students and teachers are involved, the forum would take up the second phase of the agitation that includes the road blockade and would proceed to hold 24 hour-long national highways blockade in the State. The forum would close all the national highways passing through the State for 24 hours bringing the national vehicular traffic to a standstill.
In the third phase, the forum would constitute committees at the village level and take up signature campaign which would be sent to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Central government. Then it would organise meetings for the key issues like railway zone, steel plant, Dugarajapatnam port and the central institutions.
The forum had decided not to invite the ruling TDP or the Opposition YSR Congress but would welcome if they join. Interestingly, the YSR Congress has been part of the agitations sponsored by the forum for the past three years but the TDP had never taken part of the agitations. Instead, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu wanted the forum and the Left parties to support him. The forum and the Left parties have initially backed Chandrababu Naidu when he called for the all-party meeting after he pulled out from the NDA. But, later on with the people criticising them for joining hands with the TDP, the CPI and the CPM, besides the forum distanced from Chandrababu Naidu.
Now that the forum had taken up its own action plan, it is to be seen how the TDP and the YSR Congress would respond.
BJP fights Sabarimala verdict! Fighting against the Supreme Court verdict that allows women also to enter the Ayyappa temple at Sabarimala, the BJP party has initiated a giant protest at Kerala. Ever since the Verdict on Sabarimala case was pronounced with chief justice Dipak Misra headed bench making it legal that women must be allowed into Sabarimala temple there are negative reactions across Kerala.
- "I can live in Pakistan than South India" - Siddhu speech gets viral!
- Tamilisai Soundararajan ridiculed Kamal Hassan
- BJP confident in winning in Telangana: Sadananda Gowda
- Saudi Arabia's King questioned about disappearance of Journalist to Turkish President
- IO extended up to November 2 for appearance of P Chidambaram in HC
- TPCC sent Candidates List for final confirmation from AICC
- India's Top 15 Millionaires Daughters
- Will Power star react on Renu Desai's second marriage?
- Who is Pawan Kalyan's next targeted guy?
- Bryan Adams opens up about his relationship with Princess Diana
- INR Crash at an All-Time Low!
- Revanth Reddy complaints about KCR to EC
- Filmmaker RGV announced cash award for a video
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu pens to PM for Titli relief measures
- Mistakes you should avoid during Navaratri