Andhra reports stated that amidst reports that natural gas would brought under the GST, Andhra Pradesh state government made a strong statement that it opposes the move to bring natural gas within the ambit of the GST. Meanwhile it said that the proposal would further make the state lose substantial revenue.
Moreover when referring to several news reports, AP Finance Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu said the proposal was not even circulated to the states. Furthermore in a statement, Yanamala also opposed any move to include any petroleum product under GST. He said issuing of statements by the officials of the council on such sensitive policy issues cannot be accepted. Ramakrishnudu said Andhra Pradesh secured revenue of Rs 523 crore on sale of natural gas in 2017-18.
The state finance minister added "The state
has already lost autonomy in raising fiscal resources with the introduction of
GST. Presently, inclusion of natural gas in GST will further affect the revenue
position. For this reason, we oppose inclusion of other petroleum products also
under GST”. Moreover Yanamala claimed that the group of ministers, constituted
by the GST council to deliberate on various issues and make recommendations,
was issuing statements to the media before they were put up in the council.
Over 120 crores seized in IT raids! IT Raids have been happening in Aruppukottai in the residence of highway road contractor. The raids are being conducted in the Chennai office of contractor Seyyadurai as well. This raid operation has been named as Operation Parking, and it has been identified that money has been hidden in cars parked in different locations of Chennai. Seyyadurai who is a highway contractor belongs to Aruppukottai of Virudhunagar district.
- Second last full-fledged Monsoon PARLIAMENT session begins today
- Why Google inquires about Hima Das Caste after her winning?
- Rumors about Sterlite on social media, Vedanta asked its employees to report for duty
- How did Khushbu react to allegations by Sri Reddy against her hubby?
- Amazon's 36 hour event projected to break records again this year
- This Photo of Prince Louis and Mother Kate is going 'VIRAL'
- 11-Year-Old Girl was Sexually Harassed by 15 men for 7 months in various places
- Parliament Session begins Tomorrow - Controversial Bills to be Passed?
- Pawan Failed to STOP: Renu Desai REVEALS !!
- Why Croatia Coach reacted badly after France won FIFA 2018?
- TN CM conveyed to Centre to admit students to AYUSH courses based on NEET
- Apple definitely worried in market that sells 3.2 million handsets in a year
- How mishap happened during PMs Rally at WB
- Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning