Andhra Pradesh sources added CM Chandrababu Naidu has created history by successfully completing the construction of the famous diaphragm wall on Polavaram dam. Meanwhile as per report the crucial and the most difficult diaphragm wall have been built across 1396.60 metres stretch (length). Moreover with a width of 1.5 metres and going to depth of 95 metres (at some points) into the river, the diaphragm wall has been built with a great strength.
Media reports stated that it is learnt that the construction has been done from the depth of 2 metres below the discovery of the stones under the depth of river which is a herculean task. Moreover the diaphragm wall built to eliminate seepage below the dam in order to minimize water loss and increase stability will make the Polavaram Irrigation Project (PIP) unique.
Accordingly this diaphragm wall will serve as the foundation for the
Polavaram Dam with stone and clay and will be built 150 feet above the
diaphragm wall. Further the workers worked very hard for 412 days to complete
it before the time and the whole cost of the construction is estimated at Rs
430 crore. Presently the contractors, L&T, and German engineering company
Bauer has made it possible.
Bumrah responds to criticism Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah had said that he does not care about the negative comments on his bowling action and the abusive criticism he faces. Many former cricketers had already accused him of having a weird bowling action and had always complained about his run up before bowling.
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana
- Gaddar ready to contest against Telangana CM KCR
- EPS & OPS celebrated AIADMKs 47th year at party office
- ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi
- BJP releases its Manifesto for Telangana Elections in a week