Andhra Pradesh sources added CM Chandrababu Naidu has created history by successfully completing the construction of the famous diaphragm wall on Polavaram dam. Meanwhile as per report the crucial and the most difficult diaphragm wall have been built across 1396.60 metres stretch (length). Moreover with a width of 1.5 metres and going to depth of 95 metres (at some points) into the river, the diaphragm wall has been built with a great strength.
Media reports stated that it is learnt that the construction has been done from the depth of 2 metres below the discovery of the stones under the depth of river which is a herculean task. Moreover the diaphragm wall built to eliminate seepage below the dam in order to minimize water loss and increase stability will make the Polavaram Irrigation Project (PIP) unique.
Accordingly this diaphragm wall will serve as the foundation for the
Polavaram Dam with stone and clay and will be built 150 feet above the
diaphragm wall. Further the workers worked very hard for 412 days to complete
it before the time and the whole cost of the construction is estimated at Rs
430 crore. Presently the contractors, L&T, and German engineering company
Bauer has made it possible.
Public Sector Insurance Companies assists flood affected Kerala people Accordingly with flood relief pouring in from all quarters in the form of cash, food, water and other basic supplies, public sector insurance companies, too, have jumped on board to address one of the worst crises facing Kerala. Presently to mitigate the loss, four insurance companies National Insurance Co Ltd, New India Assurance Co Ltd
- Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!