According to sources Nirav Modi, the billionaire jeweler at the heart of a more than $2 billion fraud case, has fled to the UK, where he is claiming political asylum, the media reported citing Indian and British officials. Britain's Home Office said it does not provide information on individual cases. As per report Nirav Modi could not be contacted by Reuters for comment on the report.
Earlier on May 1, it was reported that Nirav Modi was attempting to hire a lawyer who could help him get political asylum in the UK. Meanwhile the billionaire designer had approached at least two firms in the United Kingdom. As per report Punjab National Bank said earlier in 2018 that two jewelry groups headed by Nirav Modi and his uncle Mehul Choksi had defrauded it of about $2.2 billion by raising credit from overseas branches of other Indian banks using illegal guarantees issued by rogue PNB staff at a Mumbai branch over several years.
Furthermore the Ministry of external affairs told
the FT the Indian government was waiting for the law enforcement agencies to
approach them before pushing for an extradition, which had thus far not
happened. Moreover the ministry did not respond to a Reuters request for
comment outside regular working hours.
Bumrah responds to criticism Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah had said that he does not care about the negative comments on his bowling action and the abusive criticism he faces. Many former cricketers had already accused him of having a weird bowling action and had always complained about his run up before bowling.
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana
- Gaddar ready to contest against Telangana CM KCR
- EPS & OPS celebrated AIADMKs 47th year at party office
- ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi
- BJP releases its Manifesto for Telangana Elections in a week