According to sources Nirav Modi, the billionaire jeweler at the heart of a more than $2 billion fraud case, has fled to the UK, where he is claiming political asylum, the media reported citing Indian and British officials. Britain's Home Office said it does not provide information on individual cases. As per report Nirav Modi could not be contacted by Reuters for comment on the report.
Earlier on May 1, it was reported that Nirav Modi was attempting to hire a lawyer who could help him get political asylum in the UK. Meanwhile the billionaire designer had approached at least two firms in the United Kingdom. As per report Punjab National Bank said earlier in 2018 that two jewelry groups headed by Nirav Modi and his uncle Mehul Choksi had defrauded it of about $2.2 billion by raising credit from overseas branches of other Indian banks using illegal guarantees issued by rogue PNB staff at a Mumbai branch over several years.
Furthermore the Ministry of external affairs told
the FT the Indian government was waiting for the law enforcement agencies to
approach them before pushing for an extradition, which had thus far not
happened. Moreover the ministry did not respond to a Reuters request for
comment outside regular working hours.
Will Revanth Reddy quit politics? Accordingly Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) working president Revanth Reddy said the people of Telangana conferred a greater responsibility on the Praja Kutami with the TRS's win in the elections. Meanwhile irrespective of his chances in Kodangal, he will keep fighting for the public.
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!
- London court orders against Mallya!
- Rahul Gandhi blames Modi!
- RBI governor resigns after clash with Govt!
- Telangana TV channels depicted several Creative Cartoons during Election results
- Will US Presidential Elections result in Donald Trump's impeachment?
- Why Revanth Reddy lost in Telangana?
- And the WINNER in Telangana is TRS Party!!!
- Attraction of Stable job in a big MNC is very high