The opposition leader of the Tamilnadu assembly MK Stalin had called for a call for attention motion in the assembly after the government had slapped cases against two people who participated in a debate in Puthiya Thalaimurai channel.
Stalin has termed this act as the curbing of press rights and added that there was no way to control the speech in the debate. He has also questioned why BJP speakers in the program weren't booked in any case.
Following director Ameer's views
there was ruckus in the arena created by RSS and BJP party members. It has also
been revealed that this did not require a case to be filed at all as it was a
platform to express their opinions. While the debate was regarding continuous
protests, Ameer's talks about the murder of Hindu Munnani's Sasi Kumar lead to
himself, MLA thunaiyarasu and debate organizer Puthiya Thalaimurai channel
booked for inciting enmity on religious background.
Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP? Reportedly Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi and DMK chief MK Stalin have become embroiled in a war of words over Yanam, one of the four districts in the union territory. Previously Stalin accused the Lt Governor of attempting to give an island belonging to the district over to Andhra Pradesh. Kiran Bedi has responded to the allegations stating that she had personally seen 'gross environmental
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings