Vatican City sources reported that Pope Francis accepted today the resignation of three Chilean bishops including the controversial Juan Barros following a child sex abuse scandal in Chile which has come to haunt his papacy. Accordingly the entire Chilean delegation of bishops tendered its resignation to the pope last month after a series of meetings at the Vatican.
Meanwhile several members of the Chilean church hierarchy are accused by victims of ignoring and covering up child abuse by Chilean paedophile priest Fernando Karadima during the 1980s and 1990s. Furthermore Argentine born Francis, whose decision was announced in a Vatican statement yesterday, has said it must not happen again on his watch.
But the pontiff himself became mired in the scandal when, during a trip to
Chile in January, he defended Barros who was accused of covering up Karadima's
wrongdoing. Moreover Francis apologized to the victims and admitted he had made
"grave mistakes" after reading a 2,300 page report on abuses in Chile
and has since received two groups of Karadima's victims at the Vatican. Further
since 2000, about 80 Roman Catholic priests have been reported to authorities
in Chile for alleged sexual abuse.
Sulphuric Acid Leakage in STERLITE Copper - Locals evacuated, Officials are examining the plant Thoothukudi district administration office has sent officials to examine the Vedanta owned Sterlite Copper Plant's sulphuric acid leak reported in a storage unit of the plant which was sealed. Chemicals and hazardous waste from the place will be removed, said the Thoothukudi Collector Sandeep Nanthuri.
- Shocking Details on How Telugu Couple lured Young Actresses into Sex Racket
- Why Chandrababu Naidu real face became evident while receiving PM?
- YSR Congress hopeful of by-elections to Lok Sabha
- Suspected Boko Haram jihadists killed 31 people in a twin suicide bomb attack
- Union Government facing a lot of ire from Andhra people
- Will Kim Kardashian enter politics?
- JDS challenge to Modi!
- Operation Amma to save Hinduism!
- Goof up in Delhi with LG confusion!
- Edappadi's requests to PM!
- 6 Feet long reptile spotted moving beneath a couch at Puducherry Airport
- Lagadapatis survey Not a surprise for AP
- Famous Mount becomes World's Highest Rubbish Dump
- Smart card to be launched by end of 2018 for Chennai Metro Passengers
- Naidu bowed and melted before Modi