Tuticorin sources stated that special committees are to be constituted to identify developmental programs for villages around the private copper smelter plant in Thoothukudi. Meanwhile the district administration is also committed to the rehabilitation of employees of Sterlite that has been closed down and plans to create a website to help employees of Sterlite find alternative jobs.
As per report as normalcy is returning after the May 22 riot that resulted in the killing of 13 people in police action and around 102 injured, the district administration now plans to go ahead to the next step of rehabilitating villagers around the copper smelter plant. Thoothukudi district collector Sandeep Nanduri said “Already we have been taking up special developmental projects in the affected villages around the plant using the interest from the fine of Rs 100 crore paid by the company in 2013”.
Moreover he added that now a special committee is to be constituted to identify the special needs of villagers, based on which the district administration will recommend the implementation of job oriented programs to help youth in the affected villages
Public Sector Insurance Companies assists flood affected Kerala people Accordingly with flood relief pouring in from all quarters in the form of cash, food, water and other basic supplies, public sector insurance companies, too, have jumped on board to address one of the worst crises facing Kerala. Presently to mitigate the loss, four insurance companies National Insurance Co Ltd, New India Assurance Co Ltd
- Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!