Tuticorin sources stated that special committees are to be constituted to identify developmental programs for villages around the private copper smelter plant in Thoothukudi. Meanwhile the district administration is also committed to the rehabilitation of employees of Sterlite that has been closed down and plans to create a website to help employees of Sterlite find alternative jobs.
As per report as normalcy is returning after the May 22 riot that resulted in the killing of 13 people in police action and around 102 injured, the district administration now plans to go ahead to the next step of rehabilitating villagers around the copper smelter plant. Thoothukudi district collector Sandeep Nanduri said “Already we have been taking up special developmental projects in the affected villages around the plant using the interest from the fine of Rs 100 crore paid by the company in 2013”.
Moreover he added that now a special committee is to be constituted to identify the special needs of villagers, based on which the district administration will recommend the implementation of job oriented programs to help youth in the affected villages
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours