YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is entering the East Godavari district on Tuesday. If this is the news, there is nothing new in it. He had already entered several districts from Kadapa to West Godavari ever since he started his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in Kadapa district.
The big issue now is Jaganmohan Reddy’s walk on the rail-cum-road bridge across river Godavari. That makes all the difference and has the potential to make people sit before the TV channels to watch the show.
When he crossed Krishna River in Vijayawada walking on Kanadaurga Varadhi (bridge) on April 13, the crowd that followed him on the bridge resembled the floodwater above and across the river. The visuals of Jaganmohan Reddy crossing Krishna River went viral in the social media. Now, the party wants to make his walk on the Godavari bridge much bigger.
The YSR Congress leaders took this event as prestigious following the East Godavari district police issuing a notice to the party asking them to find another route or an alternative arrangement without using this bridge. The police claimed that the bridge is weak and walking with a huge number of people would be a problem. In a way the police tried to stop Jaganmohan Reddy from walking on this rail-cum-road bridge. But, things went out of their hand and finally had to clear permission cautioning the party on safety of the people. The police came up with a caution about the weak footpath and railing that might cause some life threat to the people walking in large numbers.
The YSR Congress leaders have positioned a large number of volunteers on both sides of the bridge, along the footpath to regulate the walk. The party sources said that the crowd would not touch the railing or the footpath but use the road and there is no threat to the bridge as dozens of loaded trucks pass on it every five minutes.
In a way, the event is likely to come as handy for the YSR Congress leaders to draw the attention of the people, including the critics. “In all probability, it would be like flood of people walking across the river on the bridge,” a senior leader of the party said.
Meanwhile, the police have diverted or stopped the vehicular movement on the bridge keeping ready for the historical march of the masses. The trucks were already stopped outside Kovvur on Vijayawada side and outside Rajahmundry on Visakhapatnam side. It is now to be seen as Jaganmohan Reddy walks on this bridge along with thousands of his supporters.
Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019 Accordingly Tamilnadu Plastic Manufacturers’ Association (TAPMA) has planned to hold a demonstration on Thursday, asking Tamilnadu government to withdraw its plastic ban that would take effect from January 1, 2019. Meanwhile TAPMA members allege that the government order is discriminatory in nature, which allows the use of plastics in many government sectors and large scale private sectors, while the same is banned for the public and small scale private sectors.
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!
- Rajinikanth delays politics due to BJP loss?
- Mizoram CM's Sensational first order!
- Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana?
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas