YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is entering the East Godavari district on Tuesday. If this is the news, there is nothing new in it. He had already entered several districts from Kadapa to West Godavari ever since he started his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in Kadapa district.
The big issue now is Jaganmohan Reddy’s walk on the rail-cum-road bridge across river Godavari. That makes all the difference and has the potential to make people sit before the TV channels to watch the show.
When he crossed Krishna River in Vijayawada walking on Kanadaurga Varadhi (bridge) on April 13, the crowd that followed him on the bridge resembled the floodwater above and across the river. The visuals of Jaganmohan Reddy crossing Krishna River went viral in the social media. Now, the party wants to make his walk on the Godavari bridge much bigger.
The YSR Congress leaders took this event as prestigious following the East Godavari district police issuing a notice to the party asking them to find another route or an alternative arrangement without using this bridge. The police claimed that the bridge is weak and walking with a huge number of people would be a problem. In a way the police tried to stop Jaganmohan Reddy from walking on this rail-cum-road bridge. But, things went out of their hand and finally had to clear permission cautioning the party on safety of the people. The police came up with a caution about the weak footpath and railing that might cause some life threat to the people walking in large numbers.
The YSR Congress leaders have positioned a large number of volunteers on both sides of the bridge, along the footpath to regulate the walk. The party sources said that the crowd would not touch the railing or the footpath but use the road and there is no threat to the bridge as dozens of loaded trucks pass on it every five minutes.
In a way, the event is likely to come as handy for the YSR Congress leaders to draw the attention of the people, including the critics. “In all probability, it would be like flood of people walking across the river on the bridge,” a senior leader of the party said.
Meanwhile, the police have diverted or stopped the vehicular movement on the bridge keeping ready for the historical march of the masses. The trucks were already stopped outside Kovvur on Vijayawada side and outside Rajahmundry on Visakhapatnam side. It is now to be seen as Jaganmohan Reddy walks on this bridge along with thousands of his supporters.
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours