YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is entering the East Godavari district on Tuesday. If this is the news, there is nothing new in it. He had already entered several districts from Kadapa to West Godavari ever since he started his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in Kadapa district.
The big issue now is Jaganmohan Reddy’s walk on the rail-cum-road bridge across river Godavari. That makes all the difference and has the potential to make people sit before the TV channels to watch the show.
When he crossed Krishna River in Vijayawada walking on Kanadaurga Varadhi (bridge) on April 13, the crowd that followed him on the bridge resembled the floodwater above and across the river. The visuals of Jaganmohan Reddy crossing Krishna River went viral in the social media. Now, the party wants to make his walk on the Godavari bridge much bigger.
The YSR Congress leaders took this event as prestigious following the East Godavari district police issuing a notice to the party asking them to find another route or an alternative arrangement without using this bridge. The police claimed that the bridge is weak and walking with a huge number of people would be a problem. In a way the police tried to stop Jaganmohan Reddy from walking on this rail-cum-road bridge. But, things went out of their hand and finally had to clear permission cautioning the party on safety of the people. The police came up with a caution about the weak footpath and railing that might cause some life threat to the people walking in large numbers.
The YSR Congress leaders have positioned a large number of volunteers on both sides of the bridge, along the footpath to regulate the walk. The party sources said that the crowd would not touch the railing or the footpath but use the road and there is no threat to the bridge as dozens of loaded trucks pass on it every five minutes.
In a way, the event is likely to come as handy for the YSR Congress leaders to draw the attention of the people, including the critics. “In all probability, it would be like flood of people walking across the river on the bridge,” a senior leader of the party said.
Meanwhile, the police have diverted or stopped the vehicular movement on the bridge keeping ready for the historical march of the masses. The trucks were already stopped outside Kovvur on Vijayawada side and outside Rajahmundry on Visakhapatnam side. It is now to be seen as Jaganmohan Reddy walks on this bridge along with thousands of his supporters.
Know about Dussehra & Diwali Bank Holidays According to sources with several posts and articles being circulated on social media about Banks remaining shut for three consecutive days in lieu of Dussehra and Diwali holidays, customers are in a state of panic when they come across headlines like Banks to remain shut this festive season, ATMS may run out of cash and Shortage of cash at bank ATMs due to holidays and these articles have pressed the panic button
- Bumrah responds to criticism
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana
- Gaddar ready to contest against Telangana CM KCR
- EPS & OPS celebrated AIADMKs 47th year at party office
- ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi