Fortunately or unfortunately, the Congress party in Andhra Pradesh is reduced to zero, particularly after the State bifurcation. Though every party had given letters in favour of bifurcation, the Congress party was projected as the villain and people have crushed the party almost to its death. It is, in terms of electoral position, far behind even the BharatiyaJanata Party.
Though the Congress had been keeping the special category status (SCS) alive for all these years, only to be followed by force by other parties like YSR Congress first, Left parties later and TDP now, the benefits have not come to the party, because of the lack of enthusiasm in the party leaders. The leadership was not as creative and aggressive as it was to be to rebuild the party. The activities that it had been taking and the initiatives at the national level, particularly in moving a private member bill on Rajya Sabha by K V P Ramachandra Rao in favour of the SCS for the State did not help the party to get the expected mileage. It was purely because of the absence of the inspiring leadership and the very presence of Digvijay Singh in the State often reminding the people of their anger.
Now, there is a change of guard and the Congress had rightly brought the experienced leader to guide the State leadership. Kerala’s former chief minister Oomman Chandy had taken charge of the party affairs in the State and his first visit was found to be fruitful where he could infuse some enthusiasm into the party. He had rightly picked up the Special Category Status issue to rebuild the party.
Chandy is understood to have taken up the issue of the SCS demand among the people and had told the rank and file to use the slogan. “Only Rahul Gandhi can give SCS to AP,” is now his slogan for the party to go to the people and get them back to the party fold. APCC president Raghuveera Reddy had been working hard on this slogan in the State, while Rajya Sabha member K V P Ramachandra Rao is fighting for the issue in Delhi. Now, these two leaders have the support of Oommen Chandy that would help in rebuilding the party in the State. It is a big task now for the party and it is to be seen how the Congress would make use of the issue, which had become the sentiment of the people.
Bumrah responds to criticism Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah had said that he does not care about the negative comments on his bowling action and the abusive criticism he faces. Many former cricketers had already accused him of having a weird bowling action and had always complained about his run up before bowling.
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana
- Gaddar ready to contest against Telangana CM KCR
- EPS & OPS celebrated AIADMKs 47th year at party office
- ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi
- BJP releases its Manifesto for Telangana Elections in a week