YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, who launched his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in October last, had finally crossed the historical bridge across Godavari River. He had crossed Penna River in Nellore and Krishna River in Vijayawada. The Penna river cross went unnoticed and was not as significant as it was when he crossed the bridge on Krishna River on April 14.
The bridge on Krishna River had seen the flood of people flowing in the cross direction above the river level. There was a huge gathering of the people when he walked on the two and a half kilo meters long bridge. The crowd was so large that it had sent vibrations to the ruling Telugu Desam Party on that day on the increasing support for Jaganmohan Reddy.
Exactly after a month, Jaganmohan Reddy had completed his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in the TDP-bastion, West Godavari district, and had crossed the prestigious rail-cum-road bridge across Godavari River between Kovvur and Rajahmundry. The leaders have taken it seriously and have mobilised a little over one lakh crowd to witness the historic event of Jaganmohan Reddy crossing the bridge.
There is a reason for the YSR Congress leaders to make this walk a historic. It was on May 17, 2003, late Y S Rajasekhar Reddy walked on this bridge and had returned to power in 2004. It was again on June 3, 2013, Y S Sharmila walked on this bridge and got his brother Jaganmohan Reddy released from Jail on September 24, 2013. Hardly 11 months away from the next general elections, Jaganmohan Reddy walked on this bridge and the party leaders assume that his victory is certain.
There was some opposition from the government for Jaganmohan Reddy using this bridge. The East Godavari `district police have issued an advisory to the YSR Congress to avoid using the bridge citing its falling strength. But, the police received stiff resistance from the party and wide criticism from the people through social media forcing them to allow the walk.
Keeping the danger of weak footpath and railing, the YSR Congress took the care to ensure that the walk was successful and there was no untoward incident. It went on well and Jaganmohan Reddy was welcomed into the Rajahmundry city, again a fortress of the TDP.
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours