YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, who launched his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in October last, had finally crossed the historical bridge across Godavari River. He had crossed Penna River in Nellore and Krishna River in Vijayawada. The Penna river cross went unnoticed and was not as significant as it was when he crossed the bridge on Krishna River on April 14.
The bridge on Krishna River had seen the flood of people flowing in the cross direction above the river level. There was a huge gathering of the people when he walked on the two and a half kilo meters long bridge. The crowd was so large that it had sent vibrations to the ruling Telugu Desam Party on that day on the increasing support for Jaganmohan Reddy.
Exactly after a month, Jaganmohan Reddy had completed his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in the TDP-bastion, West Godavari district, and had crossed the prestigious rail-cum-road bridge across Godavari River between Kovvur and Rajahmundry. The leaders have taken it seriously and have mobilised a little over one lakh crowd to witness the historic event of Jaganmohan Reddy crossing the bridge.
There is a reason for the YSR Congress leaders to make this walk a historic. It was on May 17, 2003, late Y S Rajasekhar Reddy walked on this bridge and had returned to power in 2004. It was again on June 3, 2013, Y S Sharmila walked on this bridge and got his brother Jaganmohan Reddy released from Jail on September 24, 2013. Hardly 11 months away from the next general elections, Jaganmohan Reddy walked on this bridge and the party leaders assume that his victory is certain.
There was some opposition from the government for Jaganmohan Reddy using this bridge. The East Godavari `district police have issued an advisory to the YSR Congress to avoid using the bridge citing its falling strength. But, the police received stiff resistance from the party and wide criticism from the people through social media forcing them to allow the walk.
Keeping the danger of weak footpath and railing, the YSR Congress took the care to ensure that the walk was successful and there was no untoward incident. It went on well and Jaganmohan Reddy was welcomed into the Rajahmundry city, again a fortress of the TDP.
Will Tamilnadu Telecom Employees be declared as Govt Employees? Tiruchy sources added that Federation’s national vice-president C K Mathivanan said the National Federation of Telecom Employees have appealed to the Union Government to again categorically declare all the 2.5 lakh BSNL (public sector telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) employees as ‘Government servants’.
- Spanish Royal Couple anchored by Trump
- Which pair do you think will most likely get hitched?
- Sri Reddy explained what happened inside her Bedroom
- TDP targets Buggana complaints to Speaker
- Will Ganta Srinivasa Rao lose in Bheemili constituency in 2019 polls?
- Envoy says Xi Jinping watched Dangal on multiple occasions
- Rahul sets his eyes on AP politics
- A drunken detector taxi from Uber!
- Madras Mozart becomes Sikkim ambassador!
- Ulaga Nayagan meets Rahul Gandhi!
- Sakshi Dhoni requests pistol for safety!
- Centre gave Rs 1.50 lakh crore to AP in four years
- Donald Trump escalated his attacks on America's northern neighbor
- Choreographer allegedly made a hoax Bomb Call after missing Flight
- How has practicing Yoga changed your life?