According to sources the counting for the Jayanagar by-election has just been completed and Congress candidate Sowmya Reddy defeated BJP's BN Prahlad with a majority of 3,775 votes in the prominent assembly constituency. Sowmya Reddy gathered 54,045 votes, while BN Prahlad could manage 50,270 votes. Meanwhile with the latest victory, Congress now has 80 MLAs in the Karnataka Assembly.
Furthermore Jayanagar by-election was held on June 11, following the sudden demise of BJP MLA BN Vijayakumar, who was holding the seat. As per report BJP's current candidate BN Prahlad is the brother of BN Vijayakumar and an estimated 55% of polling was recorded for the Jayanagar by-election. Further in the assembly elections that were held on May 12, the BJP gained the majority, but not enough to form the government.
Meanwhile following a pre-poll understanding, the JDS did not field its
candidate for the Jayanagar by-election. Accordingly a total of 18 candidates
contested the election and the routing in the Jayanagar by-election will being
seen as a major setback for the BJP, as it failed to retain its seat that has
been its bastion for the last 30 years.
Shocking Details on How Telugu Couple lured Young Actresses into Sex Racket For past few days, the buzz is about the Andhra Couple who lives in Chicago and their prostitution racket. When cops arrested them, some shocking details were found as they have got a registry where some lead Telugu actresses name were spotted.
- Why Chandrababu Naidu real face became evident while receiving PM?
- YSR Congress hopeful of by-elections to Lok Sabha
- Suspected Boko Haram jihadists killed 31 people in a twin suicide bomb attack
- Union Government facing a lot of ire from Andhra people
- Will Kim Kardashian enter politics?
- JDS challenge to Modi!
- Operation Amma to save Hinduism!
- Goof up in Delhi with LG confusion!
- Edappadi's requests to PM!
- 6 Feet long reptile spotted moving beneath a couch at Puducherry Airport
- Lagadapatis survey Not a surprise for AP
- Famous Mount becomes World's Highest Rubbish Dump
- Smart card to be launched by end of 2018 for Chennai Metro Passengers
- Naidu bowed and melted before Modi
- Naidu rallies CMs against Modi, backs Kejriwal