According to sources the counting for the Jayanagar by-election has just been completed and Congress candidate Sowmya Reddy defeated BJP's BN Prahlad with a majority of 3,775 votes in the prominent assembly constituency. Sowmya Reddy gathered 54,045 votes, while BN Prahlad could manage 50,270 votes. Meanwhile with the latest victory, Congress now has 80 MLAs in the Karnataka Assembly.
Furthermore Jayanagar by-election was held on June 11, following the sudden demise of BJP MLA BN Vijayakumar, who was holding the seat. As per report BJP's current candidate BN Prahlad is the brother of BN Vijayakumar and an estimated 55% of polling was recorded for the Jayanagar by-election. Further in the assembly elections that were held on May 12, the BJP gained the majority, but not enough to form the government.
Meanwhile following a pre-poll understanding, the JDS did not field its
candidate for the Jayanagar by-election. Accordingly a total of 18 candidates
contested the election and the routing in the Jayanagar by-election will being
seen as a major setback for the BJP, as it failed to retain its seat that has
been its bastion for the last 30 years.
Bumrah responds to criticism Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah had said that he does not care about the negative comments on his bowling action and the abusive criticism he faces. Many former cricketers had already accused him of having a weird bowling action and had always complained about his run up before bowling.
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana
- Gaddar ready to contest against Telangana CM KCR
- EPS & OPS celebrated AIADMKs 47th year at party office
- ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi
- BJP releases its Manifesto for Telangana Elections in a week