According to sources the counting for the Jayanagar by-election has just been completed and Congress candidate Sowmya Reddy defeated BJP's BN Prahlad with a majority of 3,775 votes in the prominent assembly constituency. Sowmya Reddy gathered 54,045 votes, while BN Prahlad could manage 50,270 votes. Meanwhile with the latest victory, Congress now has 80 MLAs in the Karnataka Assembly.
Furthermore Jayanagar by-election was held on June 11, following the sudden demise of BJP MLA BN Vijayakumar, who was holding the seat. As per report BJP's current candidate BN Prahlad is the brother of BN Vijayakumar and an estimated 55% of polling was recorded for the Jayanagar by-election. Further in the assembly elections that were held on May 12, the BJP gained the majority, but not enough to form the government.
Meanwhile following a pre-poll understanding, the JDS did not field its
candidate for the Jayanagar by-election. Accordingly a total of 18 candidates
contested the election and the routing in the Jayanagar by-election will being
seen as a major setback for the BJP, as it failed to retain its seat that has
been its bastion for the last 30 years.
Will Revanth Reddy quit politics? Accordingly Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) working president Revanth Reddy said the people of Telangana conferred a greater responsibility on the Praja Kutami with the TRS's win in the elections. Meanwhile irrespective of his chances in Kodangal, he will keep fighting for the public.
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!
- London court orders against Mallya!
- Rahul Gandhi blames Modi!
- RBI governor resigns after clash with Govt!
- Telangana TV channels depicted several Creative Cartoons during Election results
- Will US Presidential Elections result in Donald Trump's impeachment?
- Why Revanth Reddy lost in Telangana?
- And the WINNER in Telangana is TRS Party!!!
- Attraction of Stable job in a big MNC is very high