New Delhi sources reported that the National Capital Region (NCR) on Wednesday saw a sudden deterioration in air quality as the entire region was under the grip of dust bough through winds from Rajasthan, Iran and southern Afghanistan. Meanwhile officials said the dust raising winds, currently south-westerly and westerly, have been showing their effect since Tuesday and shall continue for next two days with the entire Uttar Pradesh coming under the grip by Thursday.
Meanwhile on Wednesday, the Air Quality Index (AQI) on a scale of 0 to 500 for Delhi was "severe" at 445 against "poor" at 296 on Tuesday. Furthermore according to private weather forecasting agency Skymet, the dust raising winds from the Iran and southern Afghanistan will continue till light rain showers bring respite to Delhi and adjoining regions towards on June 16 and 17.
Mahesh Palawat, Director Skymet, told "At present, the atmosphere
from ground level till 20,000 feet has dust. As per report this is due to the
anti-cyclone formation in Iran and southern Afghanistan, since the winds are
blowing at lower level and speed had been good, so there is still some clarity
and else the situation could have been worse”.
Bumrah responds to criticism Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah had said that he does not care about the negative comments on his bowling action and the abusive criticism he faces. Many former cricketers had already accused him of having a weird bowling action and had always complained about his run up before bowling.
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana
- Gaddar ready to contest against Telangana CM KCR
- EPS & OPS celebrated AIADMKs 47th year at party office
- ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi
- BJP releases its Manifesto for Telangana Elections in a week