New Delhi sources reported that the National Capital Region (NCR) on Wednesday saw a sudden deterioration in air quality as the entire region was under the grip of dust bough through winds from Rajasthan, Iran and southern Afghanistan. Meanwhile officials said the dust raising winds, currently south-westerly and westerly, have been showing their effect since Tuesday and shall continue for next two days with the entire Uttar Pradesh coming under the grip by Thursday.
Meanwhile on Wednesday, the Air Quality Index (AQI) on a scale of 0 to 500 for Delhi was "severe" at 445 against "poor" at 296 on Tuesday. Furthermore according to private weather forecasting agency Skymet, the dust raising winds from the Iran and southern Afghanistan will continue till light rain showers bring respite to Delhi and adjoining regions towards on June 16 and 17.
Mahesh Palawat, Director Skymet, told "At present, the atmosphere
from ground level till 20,000 feet has dust. As per report this is due to the
anti-cyclone formation in Iran and southern Afghanistan, since the winds are
blowing at lower level and speed had been good, so there is still some clarity
and else the situation could have been worse”.
Supreme Court judge wins hearts! Relief materials had been collected at the premises of the supreme court of India, and justice Joseph Kurien actively participating in helping packing and collecting of relief materials had come as a surprise and inspiration for others in the premises. Kerala, God's own country as people call it, had been hit by an unprecedented disaster after being impacted by never before seen huge rainfall in the past 100 years.
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!
- Temporary respite as rains lessens in Kerala!
- Will Pawan & Jagan donate generously for Kerala Flood?